Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2009, 05:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K20d Live View Question

Just out of curiosity (and without having done any extensive searching for an answer on the net or here yet), does anybody have a definitive answer as to why the K20D's live view cannot be improved when zoomed in for focus check?

Is it a hardware limitation (sensor etc) or can it be improved with firmware?

Thanks all,

Carl

07-05-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My issue is just the limited number of pixels when zoomed in the max for precision tripod-based focusing. Very aliased. Thats hardware, not upgradable unless you rip the LCD off of a K7 along with supporting circuitry.
07-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hmmm ok

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
My issue is just the limited number of pixels when zoomed in the max for precision tripod-based focusing. Very aliased. Thats hardware, not upgradable unless you rip the LCD off of a K7 along with supporting circuitry.
Seems to me though that there are just as many pixels there zoomed in when not zoomed in, and that its something that could be addressed. Dunno though, I am no engineer.

C
07-05-2009, 07:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am guessing its like doing digital zoom on any picture, you start with the 234,000 (or however many the lcd holds) and the zoom expands that but does not add new data, just interpolates to fill in the blanks. Thats digital zoom. The lcd probably only has enough video ram for the 234,000.