Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Here ya go...a quick-n-dirty pic of K7 with the "new" Tenpa 1.36 (they claim some recent improvements that escape me at the moment). Taken with K5 at ISO 3200! (pardon me, I still get excited over that.)

So, obviously, the Tenpa is bigger than the OME-53, but that big eyecup is what helps block extraneous light. You can fold it back or remove it if you need to save space in the bag or something. The eyecup is quite soft and comfortable on the eye socket. Plus, the size of the assembly helps keep your oily nose off the lcd.
Great stuff!
Thanks for the image.
I just ordered one
I might try the lesser magnifier too(see how that works).

03-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Here ya go...a quick-n-dirty pic of K7 with the "new" Tenpa 1.36 (they claim some recent improvements that escape me at the moment). Taken with K5 at ISO 3200! (pardon me, I still get excited over that.)

So, obviously, the Tenpa is bigger than the OME-53, but that big eyecup is what helps block extraneous light. You can fold it back or remove it if you need to save space in the bag or something. The eyecup is quite soft and comfortable on the eye socket. Plus, the size of the assembly helps keep your oily nose off the lcd.
mostly cosmetic changes, including the fitting on the viewfinder. I'm not sure however with regards to the optical coating and if there is any improvement at all with regards to vision/perception. I have the older model btw. K-5 is really great but the existing issues (flash and stain) and existing finances has kept me a step back. although such hindrance would give me time to seriously consider to get the SD1 and two other lenses for it (Sigma 85 and Sigma 150) at the end of the year. although it may not be a lowlight and action photography contender, I'm sure the IQ would be all worth it. I hope Sigma made the SD1's DR with lots of headroom.

Last edited by Pentaxor; 03-23-2011 at 02:07 PM.
03-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

cheers mate..rep added for our trouble.

its a big boy thats for sure..
03-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Here ya go...a quick-n-dirty pic of K7 with the "new" Tenpa 1.36
Plus, the size of the assembly helps keep your oily nose off the lcd.
Man, from that pic big is an understatement!
I don't have an oily nose but with all that standoff distance from the camera body it should be like a telephoto view.

Problem: Can anyone with this Tempo AND poor eyesight relate their experiences on how good or bad it works for you?

e.g. Normally, or with an OME-53 fitted too, (and glasses removed), I have to have the diopter slide pushed all the way to the right for clarity.

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 03-24-2011 at 03:54 AM.
03-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
Man, from that pic big is an understatement!
I don't have an oily nose but with all that standoff distance from the camera body it should be like a telephoto view.

Problem: Can anyone with this Tempo AND poor eyesight relate their experiences on how good or bad it works for you?

e.g. Normally, or with an OME-53 fitted too, (and glasses removed), I have to have the diopter slide pushed all the way to the right for clarity.

.R.
First, congratulations on the dry nose! Second, while I can't tell you specifically about your situation because I have quite good vision and don't wear glasses, I can tell you that I have the diopter set exactly the same as I did with the OME-53, right in the middle. So, I did not find that any extra compensation was required.
03-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #36
Veteran Member

while I can't tell you specifically about your situation because I have quite good vision and don't wear glasses, I can tell you that I have the diopter set exactly the same as I did with the OME-53, right in the middle. So, I did not find that any extra compensation was required.
Thanks DogLover (does your dog have an oily nose too? ), that info is very helpful. From what you suggest it should be relative, so my setting would stay the same.
Yep, makes sense too, looks like another toy to order now. (this game never ends does it...)

.R. -- He who dies with the the most toys wins still dies.
03-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
Yep, makes sense too, looks like another toy to order now. (this game never ends does it...)
Kinda fun, though, isn't it?