Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
Veteran Member

If I remember right, the jpeg pictures taken with the cam will have the serial number as a numbering system for the pictures..not unless you changed the setting as in the menu, it asks you wether you want to do the numbering of the photos taken with the serial number.
I think this is the default setting.

07-09-2009, 05:13 AM   #17
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Guy Quote
After a heavy day of Fourth of July partying, it's really looking like my next door neighbor swiped my K110D from the table it had been on during our cook out. I'm trying to find something that has the serial number on it so I can file a police report for pawn shops and such, and I since I can't find one, I was wondering if there was one in the exif data somewhere.

Any suggestions on what I may be able to do to try and recover it as far as tracking it, or searching for pictures from my camera in online services, or what might be helpful for the police?

"I Want My Camera Back, is a European-based stolen and lost photo equipment database".
Owners of lost gear worldwide can list their lost equipment brand, model, serial number and equipment type, plus any other relevant details and it will be added into the database. The database can be searched by serial number.

For details, read the "I Want My Camera Back" press release:

Iwantmycameraback.com is a photographic equipment serial number collective base for items which have been declared stolen or lost. The website through a specifically formulated process allows photographers to declare all details about their lost equipment, such as the brand, the model, the serial number and also information which concerns the place, the time of loss and finally an email address for further contact.

Photographic supply shops, service centers, prospective buyers and whoever else wishes to, can, by using the search engine provided by this website, search through equipment serial numbers to find out if it has been declared lost or stolen.

Also it it possible to contact the owner who declared the loss, in order for him to be given the necessary information as in how to retrieve the equipment. The website I want my camera back! - Home aspires to become a universal database for lost and stolen equipment and to increase the percentage of retrievals.

In other words, it will no longer be necessary to inform every service center, photographic supply shop or photographer independently in case of loss. They will be informed through the upload of the information on the website.

In addition, due to the universal nature of this service it will be possible to immediately and directly inform all service centers, photographic supply shops and photographers in all countries.

The function of the website depends on the universal community of photographers and is of a non-profitable nature.

I hope this might help

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
07-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very cool. Any documented recoveries yet?
07-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #19

Original Poster
Thank you Helen! I called the cops today and am waiting for a call back, and went ahead and entered my number there.

Oh 2195873, K110D, how I miss you so!

07-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #20
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by Duck Dodgers Quote
Very cool. Any documented recoveries yet?
I have no idea how effective it has been - I guess it's one of those things that if enough people get to know about it and use it, it'll start to have an effect.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
07-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #21

Original Poster
Oh my god! My new K7 got stolen already!!!!

Well, sorta. My girlfriend picked up the K7, then picked up the K20D, then picked them both up, and informed me that the K7 felt perfect in her hands and that's the one she's taking with her on her vacation. I only got to play with it for two days before it ran off for a week.

I tell you what... I need to change the locks....
07-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just remember, when/if you marry your girl, to make a pre-nup including the K-7..................
07-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Well, sorta. My girlfriend picked up the K7, then picked up the K20D, then picked them both up, and informed me that the K7 felt perfect in her hands and that's the one she's taking with her on her vacation. I only got to play with it for two days before it ran off for a week.

I tell you what... I need to change the locks....
I hope you recorded that serial number before she ran off with it.

Are you planning to file an insurance claim for the theft?

07-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #24
Pentaxian

I'm not sure I would be able to keep my sense of humor after having a K110D stolen, so kudos to you!