Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2009, 04:07 AM   #61

Hi not the folder, delete the folder in windows then copy the bin file to card , it cant be in a folder or the cam wont see it.

Richard.

07-31-2009, 04:18 AM   #62

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ozzi-paul Quote
I'm new to this firmware stuff so this may sound a bit stupid,(or a lot). In the firmware instructions it says to copy the file to the root directory on the memory card. So, I plugged my Sandisk Extreme Ducati edition card into the computer (after formatting in the K20D) and the only thing on the card is an empty folder named DCIM or something similar, is this folder the root directory that I copy the 1.03 firmware to for updating. Also, is it recomended that the firmware be upgraded, does it really make a difference or would it be better to stay with the origional version 1.0 firmware. Are there any other bugs.
The Root directory is the window that you see on your computer when you first open the card. The DCIM folder is inside the Root directory. You want to be able to see the firmware update and the DCIM folder in the same window.

I haven't noticed any bugs with 1.03. In fact I'm one of the users who feels that the AF has improved.

Gerry
07-31-2009, 05:29 AM   #63
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ozzi-paul Quote
I'm new to this firmware stuff so this may sound a bit stupid,(or a lot). In the firmware instructions it says to copy the file to the root directory on the memory card. So, I plugged my Sandisk Extreme Ducati edition card into the computer (after formatting in the K20D) and the only thing on the card is an empty folder named DCIM or something similar, is this folder the root directory that I copy the 1.03 firmware to for updating. Also, is it recomended that the firmware be upgraded, does it really make a difference or would it be better to stay with the origional version 1.0 firmware. Are there any other bugs.
Just delete everything from the card and copy the BIN file to the SD card. That's it
07-31-2009, 06:07 AM   #64

Location: N/E Victoria, Australia, on the mighty Murray River.
Photos: Albums
Thanks very much, I think I might upgrade it now. I also checked out the AF assist and it only works on AF.S so I will see how it goes once upgraded.

02-09-2010, 05:22 AM   #65
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K20D Firmware 1:03 BIG MISTAKE

Hi all. Seems as though this problem has been going on for ages and i did not know about it. I changed from 1:00 to 1:03 on Saturday went out to do a shoot for a village of 3.000 people and all the photos are crap, noise at 200 ISO, flash does not sync, focusing is way out, what am I going to tell 3.000 people I see that trying to go back to the 1.00 firmware does not help as the flash will not sync anymore. Does anyone know the answer to this? has there been a solution if anyone can help please, I will check back while packing my cases to move to another village
02-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin1961 Quote
Hi all. Seems as though this problem has been going on for ages and i did not know about it. I changed from 1:00 to 1:03 on Saturday went out to do a shoot for a village of 3.000 people and all the photos are crap, noise at 200 ISO, flash does not sync, focusing is way out, what am I going to tell 3.000 people I see that trying to go back to the 1.00 firmware does not help as the flash will not sync anymore. Does anyone know the answer to this? has there been a solution if anyone can help please, I will check back while packing my cases to move to another village
What problem are you having? My K20d is perfect with v1.03. What flash are you trying to sync?
02-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #67
Site Supporter

For starters, I suggest reflashing the camera with 1.03 in case something went wrong the first time. Can't hurt, might fix it.

02-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #68
Forum Member

Hi imtheguy, It seems to corrected the problem on it's own. I think it was me who made the mistake. I put my foot in it with the flash, I did not have it on flash with red eye which engages the pre flash and the auto contrast control at the same time. The flash I have is the Pentax AF-360FGZ which I had on flash only not Flash+red eye this is why all the photos come out dark and was giving the camera the wrong aperture. What a way to mess up big time, just through one small configuration not thought of before hand. I have now spent 4 hours at home shooting objects at different f stops and cropping at 100% and to me the sharpness is a bit off but maybe that's me again!!. All the best. Kevin
02-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #69
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
What problem are you having? My K20d is perfect with v1.03. What flash are you trying to sync?
Hi enoeske913895, It seems to corrected the problem on it's own. I think it was me who made the mistake. I put my foot in it with the flash, I did not have it on flash with red eye which engages the pre flash and the auto contrast control at the same time. The flash I have is the Pentax AF-360FGZ which I had on flash only not Flash+red eye this is why all the photos come out dark and was giving the camera the wrong aperture. What a way to mess up big time, just through one small configuration not thought of before hand. I have now spent 4 hours at home shooting objects at different f stops and cropping at 100% and to me the sharpness is a bit off but maybe that's me again!!. All the best. Kevin