Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Nikon D200 vs Pentax K10D

LOL saw this on dpreview and thought you could all get a chuckle... seems he should have spent a little less money and bought somethign he could figure out.

D200 - I don't know what's wrong!!: Nikon D1/D2/D100/D200 Forum: Digital Photography Review

05-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Haha so true. I think though...autofocus is a bit too overrated nowadays especially with the super fast sonic motor drive thingys. People tend to slam the shutter thinking that the camera will do it all, especially if they've spent alot on it. Some press the button so fast the camera doesn't even have time to engage focus.
05-03-2007, 04:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Wow, there are a couple of real gems in the replies...

"shooting RAW compressed helps sharpening some"

"because there are so many pixels on such a small chip, the camera is much more prone to showing the effects of the smallest camera shake"

05-03-2007, 06:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Laugh or Cry?

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
LOL saw this on dpreview and thought you could all get a chuckle... seems he should have spent a little less money and bought somethign he could figure out.

D200 - I don't know what's wrong!!: Nikon D1/D2/D100/D200 Forum: Digital Photography Review
Where the hell is DPReview at these days? Even on some of the pro forums the amount of utter garbage bandied around is incredible.

First there are many folks it seems who will happily drop $2000 on a camera with absolutely no knowledge of how to take pictures, and then spend months on their pet forum slating the camera. These folk would have a much easier time with something cheaper and simpler.

Then there are all the clueless know it alls who jump in and add to the confusion in spades by talking utter crap such as "small sensors increase camera shake" and "none of the off-centre focus points are reliable!" Wow - so this is Nikons much vaunted AF system is it? Of course its utter rubbish - the D200 does have an excellent focus system if you can hold a camera still enought to get a lock on something. Ive used one and its a great camera and I can vouch for the off centre focus points, metering accuracy, excellent sharpness etc. lthough I actually prefer the K10 handling wise and output wise, especially colour.

We should not complain - if these boneheads didnt buy SLRs we would all be paying a lot more for our excellent and amazingly good value equipment. I paid the same price for a DS plus kit lens that I would pay now for a K10D with the same lens. Now thats progress and in the grand scheme of things thats all good. Even if a friend of mine just bought a ID mk3 because he "needed" fast autofocus to take pics of his kids which incidentally are plain awful and just proves that he is misunderstanding the whole point

But DPreview is really becoming a bit of a joke IMO. The level of common sense and helpfulness on this forum is a world away.

05-03-2007, 06:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
We should not complain - if these boneheads didnt buy SLRs we would all be paying a lot more for our excellent and amazingly good value equipment.
Very true. And at least they're buying Nikon & Canon instead of Pentax, or else we'd have them in our forums
05-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Very true. And at least they're buying Nikon & Canon instead of Pentax, or else we'd have them in our forums
Oh please no! Keep them away! far away!

NaCl(maybe if we tell them the new C*n*n and N*k*n dispense a chocolate truffle everytime you focus correctly, they'll leave us alone)H2O