Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
Actually, if you just press the ISO/EC buttons briefly (and release), it toggles the rear dial
Thanxs, and I stand corrected. Good news, though!

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
Falconeye: And to be honest it was one of your last blog columns which sealed the deal for me to make the switch and sell my Canon gear. So it is YOUR FAULT

07-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
More likely the gearing. The lower the gearing, the more precise (and slow) it is. The 55F1.4 needs to focus very precisely at F1.4.
That can actually be true - moving masses are not that big with IF.

Gearing issues are coming to my mind when I use my Tamron 90/2,8 macro with AF doing non-macro shots. When limiter is engaged, the focusing is lightning quick - bang-zzt-ready! Even FA31 Limited goes from one limit to other much slower, when AF is hunting and Tamron 17-50 is also slower altough it has IF which 90 macro lacks.

Ring-type sonic motor is obviously superior - Pentax just has this obsession to make SDM-screw-driven combo-AF lenses, which are mechanically more complicated and prone to problems partly because of that.

Last edited by tim71; 07-09-2009 at 03:37 PM.
07-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
How do you guys like having the ISO & EC button on top near the shutter button?
on balance, I like it a lot, though I would prefer the ISO and green buttons to switch spaces. I must have hit the EC button twenty times today while meaning to hit the green button to stop down a K lens...still, I'll get used to it eventually.

It's a very, very ergonomically satisfying camera, one of the best I've ever used. I'm really excited about it.
07-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #49
Veteran Member

48 replies and still no images from Wheatfield!?

07-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mabelsound Quote
on balance, I like it a lot, though I would prefer the ISO and green buttons to switch spaces. I must have hit the EC button twenty times today while meaning to hit the green button to stop down a K lens...still, I'll get used to it eventually.

It's a very, very ergonomically satisfying camera, one of the best I've ever used. I'm really excited about it.
Oh, that is really interesting about the 'green button' vs. the EC button. Also nice to read about the ISO and EC being handy where they live now. I mean it when I commented that was one of the attractions for the K7 for me.

Overall from the handful of replies about their location, seems people are at least not unhappy with them. but I could understand a lot of hitting the wrong button events. I am still, after about 10-days with the K20D trying to use the old 40D button layout...but not as if I am doing anything I want to keep right now so I can live with it when i kinda-sorta goof.

thanks for posting the experience you have had so far with the K7 and it's EC & ISO buttons.
07-10-2009, 03:07 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
He's too busy enjoyign his new camera

I havn't had much time to use it, been working working. I do walk to work and passed the local street performers festival and took a couple shots of Robot Elvis I thought I'd share.

Also earlier in this thread I mentioned I was having issues with my K7 and the colour profile. Anyone else having this issue?

07-10-2009, 06:38 AM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
I can't get near my camera bag....

Above shot with the K7 and FA31mm.

Seriously though, I have to go through the pictures from Monday's shoot still and pick out a few choice ones.

07-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #53
Veteran Member

I can see why...those Rottweilers are just so vicious by nature.

07-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #54

lucky for you your new isn't a K-9
07-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #55
Veteran Member

I've narrowed down the problem I'm having with the colour profile. in Green P mode the images in jpg are sRGB and raws are in Adobe. Now how to change that...
07-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I've narrowed down the problem I'm having with the colour profile. in Green P mode the images in jpg are sRGB and raws are in Adobe. Now how to change that...
Page 279 of the manual.