Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
I agree 100%!

You can buy a brand new acer netbook at Staples for $300, and it has a built in sd reader. How much is a Wolverine nowadays?
80GB Wolverine FlashPac, $90. 160GB PicPac, $160. 320GB PicPac, $200. And smaller than an a netbook.

FlashPac & PicPac- The Perfect Companion to any Digital Camera: Wolverine Data

07-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree 100%!

You can buy a brand new acer netbook at Staples for $300, and it has a built in sd reader. How much is a Wolverine nowadays?
And I hear even Apple laptops are now coming with built-in SD card readers.
07-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Duck Dodgers Quote
80GB Wolverine FlashPac, $90. 160GB PicPac, $160. 320GB PicPac, $200. And smaller than an a netbook.

FlashPac & PicPac- The Perfect Companion to any Digital Camera: Wolverine Data
Well that is considerably cheaper than they were in the past. On the negative side the cheapest one seems to have very little battery life.
07-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Now a 15-inch MBP is an inexpensive camera backup system!

I know why they did that, though. I bought an SD-reader express card and stuck it in the slot on my MBP and there it remains. I don't think I've ever removed it. What else would I use it for?

07-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Are you being serious, or are you refering to a thread elsewhere on this forum?
07-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by jstevewhite Quote
Now a 15-inch MBP is an inexpensive camera backup system!

I know why they did that, though. I bought an SD-reader express card and stuck it in the slot on my MBP and there it remains. I don't think I've ever removed it. What else would I use it for?
I did the same as soon as I got my MBP...nothing but a card reader has been in there the whole time. It's flush with the chassis so it's not like it gets in the way either, though at 15" it's not something I regularly carry around so I use it more as a mobile desktop replacement. It also doesn't seem as shock resistant as a business class HP or Thinkpad laptop.
07-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you being serious, or are you refering to a thread elsewhere on this forum?
Referring to that other thread

07-09-2009, 02:16 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Referring to that other thread
WOW. Really tasteful. I like how you threw in the . It was a nice finishing touch to your second post directed specifically towards me. I still cannot get over how extremely relevant to this thread your first post was, or how quickly you realized that my previous response required no reply. I feel that one day the history books will show that on 07-07-2009 at 04:41 PM the members of pentaxforums.com started to become the most intelligent people in the world. Thank you for your great contribution to the thinking world. I am forever in your debt.