Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2009, 05:53 AM   #1

idea for next "K7"

I know most of us still don't get the K7 yet. However, it's not bad to brainstorm ideas for the next "K7". Here, I go first (sorry for my poor English).

1. Enhance the use of Shifting CCD / CMOS
- for me, it's one of the biggest surprise for the K7. It's good to have features like. horizon correction, composition adjustment
- for the next K7, it will be a big hit as if Pentax can enhance this feature and make every lens work like tilt-shift lens

2. OVF + EVF
- before Pentax officially release the details for the K7, a big rumor is the integration of OVF + EVF. Don't know whether it works in reality or not. I guess someone will implemented this feature in the future.

3. Custom picture style
- Pentax's DLSR get custom image parameters. However, it's nice to pentax to implement sth like curve (nikon), picture style (canon).
- some samples are (I think it's open quite a lot of possibility in taking pictures, at least for me).
fotologue : gallery : KAGA0401 (nikon)
Collection: Picture Style (canon)

4. Viewfinder
- it's always better to have a better and bigger VF. besides that, i think it's better to make use the left / right of the viewfinder (just like Canon's 1DS). As in K7, if we choose to use the horizon correction, we don't know the EV. same as the shutter count / iso

5. AF in live view
- I don't know whether pentax can improve the AF in liveview to an acceptable level. However, it will be good as if pentax to build a remote which allow users to focus / change the zoom range. (i guess i will use live view with tripod most of the time and it helps)

6. long time exposure
- just I posted in another thread, my friend's 5D II can allow user to shoot immediately after long time exposure (the camera will continuously process the image). I think it helps a lot in taking picture like fireworks.

7. AF point.
- i use central point most of the time and it's not a problem for me. But i heard some users complain that it's harder to change the af point now (as it needs to press the ok button first). Is it possible that make some changes, e.g. when user press the AF button, it can change the af point as if we use the front / back wheel?

Any other idea? Any comments?
Thx for your reading.

07-07-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Too much to ask for

QuoteOriginally posted by yipchunyu Quote
I know most of us still don't get the K7 yet. However, it's not bad to brainstorm ideas for the next "K7". Here, I go first (sorry for my poor English).

1. Enhance the use of Shifting CCD / CMOS
- for me, it's one of the biggest surprise for the K7. It's good to have features like. horizon correction, composition adjustment
- for the next K7, it will be a big hit as if Pentax can enhance this feature and make every lens work like tilt-shift lens

2. OVF + EVF
- before Pentax officially release the details for the K7, a big rumor is the integration of OVF + EVF. Don't know whether it works in reality or not. I guess someone will implemented this feature in the future.

3. Custom picture style
- Pentax's DLSR get custom image parameters. However, it's nice to pentax to implement sth like curve (nikon), picture style (canon).
- some samples are (I think it's open quite a lot of possibility in taking pictures, at least for me).
fotologue : gallery : KAGA0401 (nikon)
Collection: Picture Style (canon)

4. Viewfinder
- it's always better to have a better and bigger VF. besides that, i think it's better to make use the left / right of the viewfinder (just like Canon's 1DS). As in K7, if we choose to use the horizon correction, we don't know the EV. same as the shutter count / iso

5. AF in live view
- I don't know whether pentax can improve the AF in liveview to an acceptable level. However, it will be good as if pentax to build a remote which allow users to focus / change the zoom range. (i guess i will use live view with tripod most of the time and it helps)

6. long time exposure
- just I posted in another thread, my friend's 5D II can allow user to shoot immediately after long time exposure (the camera will continuously process the image). I think it helps a lot in taking picture like fireworks.

7. AF point.
- i use central point most of the time and it's not a problem for me. But i heard some users complain that it's harder to change the af point now (as it needs to press the ok button first). Is it possible that make some changes, e.g. when user press the AF button, it can change the af point as if we use the front / back wheel?

Any other idea? Any comments?
Thx for your reading.
1.To shift/tilt, you must design the lens to cater for this. Not going to happen.

2.Once again, this is a whole new area. You'll probably get EVF only cameras and SLR cameras - never the twain shall meet. I'd love to eat my hat on that one btw.

3. Have you had a go at the K-7 yet?

4.Boy, you are nit picking! How much does a 1DS cost????

5.This won't happen until there's a big shift in technology - maybe next year!

6.Another case of wanting everything for nothing.

7.Whaaaaaa?

Edit: Oh yeah - Have you actually had a REAL go at the K-7 yet??

AB

Last edited by Mutters; 07-07-2009 at 06:29 AM.
07-07-2009, 06:29 AM   #3

Original Poster
thx for your comment. I only tried K7 twice with about 5 mins everytime T_T
07-07-2009, 06:33 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yipchunyu Quote
thx for your comment. I only tried K7 twice with about 5 mins everytime T_T
Yeah well, sorry son, until you own one, you're up against it.

What does T__T mean?

BTW The K-7 is one seriously good camera.

mutters

07-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mutters Quote
Yeah well, sorry son, until you own one, you're up against it.

What does T__T mean?

BTW The K-7 is one seriously good camera.

mutters
T_T is a face right? O_O
07-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GLXLR Quote
T_T is a face right? O_O
haha, it's a crying face