Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K7 ac adapter question..

I have a question. I got my K7 today and I was looking over my accessories I have from my K10D and seeing what I'll be able to use on my new K7 as well. Ie the Wireless remote, Cable switch ect. I also happen to have the AC Adapter Kit D-AC50 and while I almost never used it, I thought it certainly could come in handy for a emergency need of power or for doing alot of long exposures.

Now I was looking thru the manual on the K7 and it mentions recommending to use the K-AC50 on page 47 of the manual. Is this a typo as I have not been able to find it on PENTAX Digital Cameras and DSLRs - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site website. Both the K10D and the K7 do say DC Input 8.3v which leads to to believe it would work but I don't wish to fry my new camera either. On the website it doesn't mention the K7 for any of the listed adapters.

Edit: I found at the back of the manual the ac adapter kit K-AC50 - the set includes the AC Adapter D-AC50 and the AC Power cord. I feel stupid

Last edited by Dr_who; 07-08-2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: found the answer at the back of the manual
03-01-2010, 02:30 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
hi Dr who

have the same problem myself and felt stupid too just as you did! ;-)

contacted B&H a few days ago (where i bought my K-7 from) to find out why this item is not available on their online store and got this reply:

Hello ,Thank you for contacting the sales department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio. According to the information pentax hasn't develop the AC adapter for this camera it will be model #D-AC50 we don't have it in our inventory. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Javier M
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
E-Mail Sales Department
B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders

i hope they don't mind me reposting their entire email reply in here.

hope this helps you too! (and me as well, as i really need this adapter!)

best
pr

PS - i guess the replier is slightly confused too, as he is also referring to the name of the K10D AC Adapter (starting with D instead of K that is for the K-7! no wonder, as the manual is also confused on that anyway! ;-])