Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jstevewhite Quote
Like any true Pentaxian, I'm filled with lust for the K-7, but the more I look at pictures from it, the less I think it's a must-have upgrade for me (A K20D user). If I'm a K10D user, sure, it's a shoo-in, but I'm thinking that my photography might benefit more from a new supertelephoto (Bigma, 60-250 DA*, or something in between) than from the K-7. I'm not sure it offers enough improvement to justify the upgrade for me, as much as I want it from a gadget perspective, so I'm on the fence. Anyone have any thoughts they might add to sway me one way or the other?
Having upgraded from the K20 to the K-7, the two cameras are worlds apart in performance. I was asked to shoot some images at a work meeting yesterday, lighting was extremely poor, fluorescent lighting, blinds closed as power point presentation was being shown. Unable to use flash as it would be far too disruptive. My K20 would not have coped in that situation at all, the K-7 handled it very well. Auto focus was good in that light, AWB was also accurate. Many of the images were shot at ISO 1600 with medium noise reduction and were very clean compared to what I would have got from that K20. Unfortunately, I cannot display the images as there are privacy issues.

However here is an image I took of my grand daughter which was taken with ISO 3200 and no noise reduction.