Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #541

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Bentax:
I cannot remember where I read something almost exactly the same as your reported problem, but on a different "High end" Canikon of some sort model. This was recent but my memory fails thses days ...
Anyway, in a nutshell, it went something like this:

Using the Live View produces more heat which would cause such "lines" to appear.
I will look for this and report back, if I can find it.

JP
5D Mark II had problems with banding, as I remember, and it was fixed with firmware. This problem was also fixed for K-7. But, my K-7 had lines & banding all the time, with or without Live View. I have seen few others having the same problem. Very few others. There are always defective units, whatever brand it is, Pentax or Canikon, and I guess I just had bad luck. What is really important is that company gives the full support to consumers in such cases, and finally, Pentax did in my case.

11-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #542
Inactive Account

Considering that I would have to sell my soul to own one of these cameras....for the price this camera sounds like a POS.

I'm sorry, but precision equipment should perform the task its meant to perform precisely.
11-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #543

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raptorman Quote
Considering that I would have to sell my soul to own one of these cameras....for the price this camera sounds like a POS.

I'm sorry, but precision equipment should perform the task its meant to perform precisely.
Yes, but the times of such equipment are long gone. In this electronics time things are build not to last to long, and are prone to failures (even electronics in, lets say, best Mercedes cars), as technology is, especially imagining sensor technology, changing and developing every year. Do you think that first auto-focus cameras back in '80 like Canon and Minolta were trouble free?

I still have 40 years old Minolta camera that survived every possible torture and is still working perfectly. But, sadly, things are not build that way anymore.
11-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #544
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raptorman Quote

Are you referring to the green line program that's been fixed for weeks now, or something else?