Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2009, 01:48 AM   #391

I just spoke with a pentax-serviceman and all the cameras that have been sent in for repair here in Sweden are going to be replaced with a new one. It wasn't possible to fix the lines with any hardwareadjustments. So within a week,hopefully, a new camera will be sent to me.

09-01-2009, 02:38 AM   #392
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is there an exact pixel location at which the green line occurs?
09-01-2009, 04:00 AM   #393
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
x=2468 which is 132 pixels right of the center
09-01-2009, 04:21 AM   #394

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
In my case, there was three lines, one 132 pixels right of the center and two ones on the left half.

09-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #395
Inactive Account

well i just got my k7 today and was slightly annoyed that i found green lines on a few photos,but not all of them.......strange
09-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #396
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
For anybody who wants to be annoyed, set your K-7 in burst mode and let it rip for about 30 images in three sets and you will find the green line.
09-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #397
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
For anybody who wants to be annoyed, set your K-7 in burst mode and let it rip for about 30 images in three sets and you will find the green line.
I just did that (4 bursts of 10, actually) at ISO800, and no green line appears... Then again, camera temperature (per the EXIF) was only 31C.

The highest temp I've seen so far is 36C, after shooting outside in the sun for about 45 minutes. Didn't use ISO above 200, but then also, no green line anywhere...

Maybe I'm lucky. I have not used LiveView nor movie mode except for brief fooling around when I first got the camera, maybe that's part of it as well.

09-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #398
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
I just did that (4 bursts of 10, actually) at ISO800, and no green line appears... Then again, camera temperature (per the EXIF) was only 31C.

The highest temp I've seen so far is 36C, after shooting outside in the sun for about 45 minutes. Didn't use ISO above 200, but then also, no green line anywhere...

Maybe I'm lucky. I have not used LiveView nor movie mode except for brief fooling around when I first got the camera, maybe that's part of it as well.
Hopefully, you are one of the very few who have no trouble.
09-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #399
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sodnik Quote
I just spoke with a pentax-serviceman and all the cameras that have been sent in for repair here in Sweden are going to be replaced with a new one. It wasn't possible to fix the lines with any hardwareadjustments. So within a week,hopefully, a new camera will be sent to me.
Great Sodnik! Same for me then, as we sent our cameras to the sme place

Seems like Sweden or Europe is most up to date with the problem! Havent seen anything on other forums yet.
09-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #400
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
Seems like Sweden or Europe is most up to date with the problem! Havent seen anything on other forums yet.
This is a paradox truth.
The problem is well discussed here (and widely ignored in European forums because it really isn't such a big issue). But Pentax Europe (Japan actually) is further down the road to solve this issue than other countries. I cannot disclose any details but progress has already been made on the issue. I will keep this thread informed as soon as I know what I can disclose.
09-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #401
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
This is a paradox truth.
The problem is well discussed here (and widely ignored in European forums because it really isn't such a big issue). But Pentax Europe (Japan actually) is further down the road to solve this issue than other countries. I cannot disclose any details but progress has already been made on the issue. I will keep this thread informed as soon as I know what I can disclose.
Thank you for that Falk! I wrote without thinking in facts. Have 100% faith in what you say

Just one question. Why the sudden "No, we cant fix it, you will recieve new camera" When the first talk with them, they said "We have orders from Pentax to manually make corections to the camera" ?

So they got an "fix" from Pentax, but it didnt work?

So the "progress" is, new factory corected camera? Maybe thats why DPReview are holding of on their complete review.

You don have to answer to this.....Im making wild guesses......again. Im like that
09-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #402
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As it's now spring here I'm looking forward to warmer weather to try and get the temp in mine up there to test it out. I still have 11 months warranty left!
09-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #403
Veteran Member

I am one of those with a thin green vertical line appearing when camera temperature of the K-7 is above 32°C.

I contacted Pentax once more yesterday to ask if the analyses of the problem did come to any result and how to continue. I was told to bring the camera back to the shop who will send it in and I will get a replacement K-7, but before rushing to the shop, I could try to update to firmware 1.01.

I told them that I updated to 1.01 on the very first day the update was released and that it did not solve the problem. They told me to download the firmware again from PENTAX K-7 - PENTAX Europe GmbH and to install it.

Well, I was surprised, but did the update. Then I tried to heat up the sensor by using liveview and video and took regularly a few high iso shots. Even at a reported camera temperature of 36°C, the shots did not show any single green line, not even at 2000iso.

I compared the exif of the raw files using PhotoME and found the following differences:

K-7 with 1.01 showing the green line problem:
DSP Firmware Version: 1.01.00.05
CPU Firmware Version: 1.01.00.05

K-7 with 1.01 of yesterday, without the green line problem:
DSP Firmware Version: 1.01.00.09
CPU Firmware Version: 1.01.00.09

For me, this firmware update solved the problem!

Those having the problem can try this as well.
09-01-2009, 10:58 PM   #404
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tcom Quote
I am one of those with a thin green vertical line appearing when camera temperature of the K-7 is above 32°C.

I contacted Pentax once more yesterday to ask if the analyses of the problem did come to any result and how to continue. I was told to bring the camera back to the shop who will send it in and I will get a replacement K-7, but before rushing to the shop, I could try to update to firmware 1.01.

I told them that I updated to 1.01 on the very first day the update was released and that it did not solve the problem. They told me to download the firmware again from PENTAX K-7 - PENTAX Europe GmbH and to install it.

Well, I was surprised, but did the update. Then I tried to heat up the sensor by using liveview and video and took regularly a few high iso shots. Even at a reported camera temperature of 36°C, the shots did not show any single green line, not even at 2000iso.

I compared the exif of the raw files using PhotoME and found the following differences:

K-7 with 1.01 showing the green line problem:
DSP Firmware Version: 1.01.00.05
CPU Firmware Version: 1.01.00.05

K-7 with 1.01 of yesterday, without the green line problem:
DSP Firmware Version: 1.01.00.09
CPU Firmware Version: 1.01.00.09

For me, this firmware update solved the problem!

Those having the problem can try this as well.
Silly question, but did it change the language as well?
09-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #405
Veteran Member

No. My K-7 was configured in french before the update, and was still french after the update. I did also keep all settings.