Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Things to Do While Your New K-7 Battery Charges

Okay. So it's the longest 380 minutes I've experienced in a while. So what does one do?

Things to Do While Your K-7 Battery Charges

1. Put on the strap. Decide if you like it or want to put some other strap on it.

2. Find and organize all your camera straps; maybe surf for new strap.

3. Practice inserting and removing the SD card to build muscle strength and tone

4. Find and organize all your SD cards. Which ones are fast enough and big enough for the K-7 video? Surf web looking for discussions.

5. Rearrange your kit bag to hold your gear even though the camera takes up no more room than your K20D did. this is a good time to empty the whole contents of your bag on the floor and sort through the stuff.

6. Examine whether another bag would be better for this camera since you might want to use different lenses than you did with your previous Pentax DSLR

7. Organize all your lens end caps and body caps

8. Find out if you could get an AC power supply delivered today

9. Using another DSLR go out and take a series of pictures that you will take again with the K-7 so you can decide if it's really better than what you had. Evaluate which position is more fun to argue on DPR: K-7 is the climax of civilization, or K-7 is a gussied up *istD

10. Install the software even though you will only use it until your favorite RAW converter supports the K-7. For Apple users this will be quite a long time.

What's on your list?

07-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not getting the K-7 yet, but here's some more to add to the list.

11. Take a picture of the K-7.

12. Take pictures with all your lenses mounted on it.

13. Spray some water on it and take a picture.

14. Post your pictures on the Pentax forum.

15. Let everyone know it's arrived.
07-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
Okay. So it's the longest 380 minutes I've experienced in a while. So what does one do?

Things to Do While Your K-7 Battery Charges

1. Put on the strap. Decide if you like it or want to put some other strap on it.

2. Find and organize all your camera straps; maybe surf for new strap.

3. Practice inserting and removing the SD card to build muscle strength and tone

4. Find and organize all your SD cards. Which ones are fast enough and big enough for the K-7 video? Surf web looking for discussions.

5. Rearrange your kit bag to hold your gear even though the camera takes up no more room than your K20D did. this is a good time to empty the whole contents of your bag on the floor and sort through the stuff.

6. Examine whether another bag would be better for this camera since you might want to use different lenses than you did with your previous Pentax DSLR

7. Organize all your lens end caps and body caps

8. Find out if you could get an AC power supply delivered today

9. Using another DSLR go out and take a series of pictures that you will take again with the K-7 so you can decide if it's really better than what you had. Evaluate which position is more fun to argue on DPR: K-7 is the climax of civilization, or K-7 is a gussied up *istD

10. Install the software even though you will only use it until your favorite RAW converter supports the K-7. For Apple users this will be quite a long time.

What's on your list?
This was great and concur with your findings. Thanks for the joy of laughter...especially the camera strap!
07-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by walro Quote
I'm not getting the K-7 yet, but here's some more to add to the list.

11. Take a picture of the K-7.

12. Take pictures with all your lenses mounted on it.

13. Spray some water on it and take a picture.

14. Post your pictures on the Pentax forum.

15. Let everyone know it's arrived.
Man, for once I'm actually on top of things. Well, except for the water part.

07-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ah yes, how could I forget:

16. Go to every Pentax board you know of an post a "Got my new K-7 but haven't taken any pictures with it but it really is a great camera" thread.

17. Make up a criticism of the K-7 and see how long it takes Roland Mabo to explain how you are wrong that's not a flaw but a design feature (Love ya Roland, just funning!)
07-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ahem, you forgot "Go around to other threads and pick on people who don't have a K-7"
07-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I found out the K10D wall adapter I had works on the K7 so I used that while the battery charged and took some pictures indoors of the dog and looked thru the menus ect.

07-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

R t f m

It's amazing, no one ever considered reading the manual Just about the right length to skim through while battery is charging
07-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
Knowing that in advance, as soon as I was out of the shop with my shiny new K-7 box, I quickly unpacked it in my car and started charging it right there.

And to be honest I didn't wait for the battery to be fulled charged to start trying it and each time I could not using it (eating -yes I know how can I eat in these circumstances-, taking care of those pesky kids, etc.) I would put the battery in the charger.

Or... get the battery grip with precharged AAs. Unfortunately they had none at the shop I bought from.
07-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Figure out how to pay the credit card bill?
07-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
It's amazing, no one ever considered reading the manual Just about the right length to skim through while battery is charging
Nah - my k-7 will be delivered next monday (and I'm scheduled to be home next around July 31 )... However I have already RTFM (both the prematurely released version (thanks Ned ) and then skimmed the current one from the website.)

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
Figure out how to pay the credit card bill?
Gah! not to mention figuring out how to explain to my wife that a DA 35mm ltd. will be showing up on the same bill .
07-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
The only valid response
07-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
Inactive Account

I was lucky...my battery came fully charged!

c[_]
07-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
Inactive Account

While the original post had me chuckling, this had me rolling around laughing imagining you tethered to a wall with only a few feet of mobility saying "come here, boy, sit" trying to get a pic in.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I found out the K10D wall adapter I had works on the K7 so I used that while the battery charged and took some pictures indoors of the dog and looked thru the menus ect.
07-11-2009, 04:13 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
While the original post had me chuckling, this had me rolling around laughing imagining you tethered to a wall with only a few feet of mobility saying "come here, boy, sit" trying to get a pic in.

lol it was fun, got to just experiment. I took this photo of the dog and used the in camera filter to make it into monochrome, and then edited the filtered photo with the incamera filter contrast to get this look. The info is all still attached. Open and saved in Photoshop but not edited within other then resizing the photo.

P.S. I don't have a studio or anythign, just a 1bedroom apt, had the dog on the bed near the offwhite wall and fiancee was holding the wireless flash near the dog but flash was mainly directed to the wall. Can't remember if I had it setup so the in camera flash went off as well. The focus is a bit off, but he just never stays still!

http://stevenkovickart.com/pentaxforums/wallace.jpg