Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
Please get some good glass for god sake PeteyJ.

The kit lens is fine IMHO, but the "good stuff" will really make your new camera shine!
Oh I definitely plan on getting some once I get some more money. Until then, I at least have a few old lenses, including the SMC f/1.7 50mm that came with the ME back when my dad bought it. I already know about the workaround for the crippled mount, so getting it to work shouldn't be a problem.

As long as the kit lens is better than the crap that came with my dad's Canon Rebel XTi though, then I probably won't mind popping it on once in awhile.

07-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #17
Inactive Account

I too am a new K20D owner and so far I've been really impressed. I'm a bit jealous of the price since mine was around $750.

I bought mine with the kit lens but since I like to shoot some pets, and wildlife I debated for a long time on a second lens. After much deliberation I ended up ordering a Pentax 55-300 mm zoom. It was $350 from B&H. I thought this the best compromise in quality and cost. Once my wallet has recovered from all of this I'll be looking for something for macro.

I've heard some complaints on the AF and the shutter noise of the K20 but I don't think they are all that bad. I've used some Nikon film cameras with much louder shutter noise and the AF speed has not been a factor at all.

Regards,
Rich