Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter

K-7 Auto White Balance

I have never been impressed with auto WB on my K20D or K2000. But on the K-7, I confess to be very impressed. A good demonstration is to start a movie or go into Live View, and then walk around through different lighting environments and watch how the camera responds. I go into a room with nice natural light, it looks okay. Turn on incandescent lights, the camera adapts, and it looks good. Move into flourescent, same.

Nice job!

07-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I thought the K20d was ok, but did struggle in tungsten. I agree that the K7 deals with indoor lighting quite well. There is no yellow tint and the colors are nice. It is better than my DLux4 which was my previous favorite for AWB indoors despite being a small sensor camera.
07-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
I thought the K20d was ok, but did struggle in tungsten. I agree that the K7 deals with indoor lighting quite well. There is no yellow tint and the colors are nice. It is better than my DLux4 which was my previous favorite for AWB indoors despite being a small sensor camera.

I agree... its a great step up, loving the WB features and especially indoors and flash modes

Neil
07-11-2009, 02:17 AM   #4

Yup AWB is spot on for indoors for me as well on K-7 - yay!

07-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #5

I have to agree that the AWB does a very good job, this image was taken under fluorescent lighting, very low lighting levels at 1600 ISO, Only PP was to crop a little (to remove some confidential material from the shot) and to resize for web. NR was set to medium.