Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #1

K7 avi problem- causes finder to crash.

Hey,
Had a very pleasent evening filming random bits and bobs with my k7 yeseterday and have come across a serious problem. Everytime I try and open k7's avi files on my Mac it causes finder to restart.. Importing to premier pro failed and VLC has to repair the files before it can play them...
I've tested this with video shot on two k7s and its still happening...

Anyone got any ideas of who what or why this is happening and what I should do about it? It makes the video compeltly unusable.

Cheers
Ollie

EDIT:
For some reason my updater was turned off. Update everything and now the files work fine.. Sorry!

Last edited by o!d; 07-12-2009 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
07-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Yeah I had the same problem on my Mac when I got my K-7 home, finder would crash when clicking on the files, or trying to play them in any piece of software would cause crash... updating the MacOS software solved all that for me as well.
07-14-2009, 05:23 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by o!d Quote
EDIT:
For some reason my updater was turned off. Update everything and now the files work fine.. Sorry!
May I ask what version you updated too, and from?

mutters
08-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
Forum Member

K7 video crash while using adobe bridge

I noticed a few things while playing the video feature...

1. when i attempted to browse the files using adobe bridge CS3, any folder with mixed photo and video would crash or stall the thumbnail preview to the point of being unresponsive.

2. when i attempted to import the video files to Adobe premiere, the file was not supported.

Since I noticed a few members here with similar issues I am in the process of following their steps at correcting the problem. I will update the status as soon as my computer has completed the software update problem

08-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
Forum Member

K7 Video Update.... FIXED!

I simply updated my Mac OS to the current security, quicktime, and safari updates and all the K7 video works and previews fine in both Mac Finder and Adobe Bridge.

Thank god, I shot a ton of video this weekend and now we can begin post processing!