Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K7 Deal??

I need some help/advice. I have an opportunity to buy the K7 from an out of town store for a significant discount, $300. The problem is I have not had the opportunity to handle one and really don't like to buy items without having it in hand first. Those of you who have one can you tell me how I would find its handling compared to the K200D. I know they are not in the same league but they seem to be similar in size. Any feedback and info. would be welcomed. Thanks.

07-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
Ari
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you please let us know where you are getting a $300 discount on this camera? I would say at that price, it is worth taking the chance on handling it after you bought it. If it is a reputable retailer, they will let you return it........
07-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
K7

Well, the deal is from Galaxy Camera in Ontario. They only exchange items, no returns and while in store credit is nice when spending over a thousand dollars it is nicer to know and have handled what you are getting. This is not an advertised price just a single offer I have had from the owner of the store having done business with them in the past.
07-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I suspect the handling - purely size-wise - would be quite similar, though of course the K7 is functionally more complex (for me, the difference in size in my transition from a K100D to a 20D was not a big deal, but learning to use the more sophisticated camera was, and still is).

But at a $300 discount, you've got little to lose. If you find the change too hard, you could probably sell the camera quite quickly for the same amount you paid for it.

07-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by batchelor22 Quote
Well, the deal is from Galaxy Camera in Ontario. They only exchange items, no returns and while in store credit is nice when spending over a thousand dollars it is nicer to know and have handled what you are getting. This is not an advertised price just a single offer I have had from the owner of the store having done business with them in the past.
Henry's in Toronto also offers a similar deal for employees and employees are all eligible for the friends and family discount.

The lesson here is to make friends with your local camera shop salesperson.
07-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #6

Speaking of deals, I see on Nextag that Beach Camera is offering the K7 for $1229. I'm planning on waiting a few more weeks before pulling the trigger on my purchase (just in case the 60D/7D shows up in early August and happens to be revolutionary) but do like that there is some early movement in the price!
07-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Well, if you don't buy it, I'd probably have you buy it for me.