Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
K-20 Auto Reset Issue

After removing the battery and charging overnight the camera started with the language setting screen (twice). I set it but the picture counter also had reset along with many other settings to their default. The issue has not repeated so far and I will try to remember to keep a battery on board in the hopes it may help.

The only harm is during a shoot the settings take time tio reset and the pesky picture number causes headaches for the order taker.

Any suggestions?

07-14-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Perhaps the battery was removed while the camera was still on, or just too quickly after shutdown to save the camera's configuration. I haven't had this happen to me, but I can understand this would be frustrating! Losing the sequence of numbered images would not be very fun either. Hopefully this is a once in the camera's lifetime occurrence!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
battery, camera, dslr, issue, photography, picture, reset, settings