Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #61
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by p0opstlnksal0t Quote
bestbuy has refurb deals going for 390.00 shipped, is this a decent deal for a k200d body?
Heck yeah!! Got my K200d refurb a couple of weeks ago. Loving it, and having missed the K-x 18-55/55-300 kit for $750 on Amazon, I've now decided that I will wait for the K-7's successor with the K-x Sony sensor before I splurge again. The K200D has many pro features and a LOT to offer, it just needs adequate light. (Consumer Reports 2010 Buying Guide lists the K200D in its Select Ratings of basic DSLRs--top three!)

Used K200D bodies go for around $375 FWIW.

11-03-2009, 02:33 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Many CMOS sensors produce lower noise than many CCD sensors,
QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
BTW this time let me ask you, what is your reference about CMOS noise is lower than CCD.
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
I'm not claiming this - just that for practical purposes, modern APS-C cameras with CMOS sensors tend to be less noisy than modern APS-C cameras with CCD sensors.
Oh you mean just cameras when you mention sensors in your first post? Then I would like to know which CCD camera has more noise than CMOS, APS-C or other size sensor counterpart, that'll be really useful info at least for me.
11-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #63

Lightroom is my fave.

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Great photos Marc.

A question though, and I apologise in advance if it is too basic: how do you inject your name into the copyright field in the EXIF for your photos?

Also does that software allow batch processing of files?
Adobe has a product called Lightroom that can set your metadata fields in batch or indivudually. Free beta of the new version is now avalable at Adobe.com.
11-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
Oh you mean just cameras when you mention sensors in your first post?
I meant the sensors and supporting hardware in the cameras that are currently or have recently been on the market. I had no idea at the time that someone was going to nit pick this particular detail. Sorry for not as precise as I could have been.

QuoteQuote:
Then I would like to know which CCD camera has more noise than CMOS, APS-C or other size sensor counterpart, that'll be really useful info at least for me.
Like I sad, *all* of the recent low-noise champions in the APS-C realm have been CMOS: K-x, K20D, D90, D300. I'm not aware of *any* CCD cameras that perform better than these.