Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Forum Member

K-7 Level indicator Question

How do you view the level indicator and metering in the viewfinder when you are in manual mode?
I set the level indicator to be displayed in the view finder, but when I go into manual mode I can't seem to get metering as it appears that both level indicator and metering share the same display.
I've only had chance to play with my toy for a day as I am now away at work for the next 3 weeks.
When I return home I'll have 1 day to play with the setting before we head of on our holidays.
So any advice I take home with me to limit my time trying to find out how this can be done would be appreciated.

Cheers

Del

07-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I believe the only way at the moment to view the EV bar is to toggle off the Electronic Level option in the 3rd page of the camera menu.

- Jason
07-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by inferno10 Quote
I believe the only way at the moment to view the EV bar is to toggle off the Electronic Level option in the 3rd page of the camera menu.

- Jason
I noticed the same thing. You can either do that, or look at the lcd which has both indicators. I know it is not ideal if you don't want to remove your eye from the viewfinder, but it is the only solution I have found so far.
07-16-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

If you push the EV compensation button while the level is on, it will show the metering bar.

07-16-2009, 02:52 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you for your replies so far.
I will try the EV compensation option when I get back home.

Cheers
07-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
If you push the EV compensation button while the level is on, it will show the metering bar.
I tried that but it shows the EV setting not the meter.