Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-7 and the Delkin Film Pro 8GB SDHC problem

Here's a strange problem. I have two 8GB SDHC cards.... one a PNY, and the other a Delkin Film Pro.... Both cards work in my K20D, but only the PNY works in the K-7. When I put the Delkin into the K-7, the camera tells me that no card is inserted. WTF... I put the card into my K20D and it works fine! Is this some kind of weird incompatibility problem?

Alex

07-16-2009, 02:44 AM   #2

Just a aguess

Just a guess at a possible answer, the K7 I believe has a more powerful computing engine. As it does video etc, I suspect it may even have a faster clock. Not all memory cards that appear to be the same are the same. So possibly the Delkin is not as fast and the demands put on it by the K7 is such that it is slower and so the K7 thinks it is faulty. The K20 may be more lenient and so is able to read it. As I said before this is just an educated guess as to what is going on!
07-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #3

I had a somewhat similar problem with my K-7 and one of my SDHC cards. When I put it in my K20D it worked fine, but when I put it in my K-7 the body stated that the card was locked (can't remember the actual verbage but it was something to that effect). When I pulled the card out of the K-7 the SD lock did indeed slide from the unlocked to locked position. I tried over and over again but the card lock kept sliding whenever I inserted it into my K-7. Definitely annoying, but in all honesty the lock mechanism on this particular card was pretty flimsly. Well, at least flimsy compared to my Sandisk cards.
07-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The 8GB Delkin eFilm Pro SDHC card is rated as a Class 6, which has a speed of 6MB/s or 40x. That should be plenty fast for the K-7. The camera simply says to me that there's no card in the slot when I put the Delkin in there. The PNY model works just fine.

Alex

07-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

O_O
Sometimes technical issues don't even make sense....
07-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
Banned

When I pay $1,300 for a camera body I am not going to try and save a few bucks on a cheap SDHC card to store my photos / HD videos and that I is why I use a 16GB Sandisk Extreme III 30mb/sec SDHC. I have zero problems and ultra fast uploads to my Mac.