Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #241
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
just a comment, we should support the new price-watch section...but if you are having issues posting there, drop a note to Adam.

As to the JR + 18-55 lense deal, it is sometimes important to read what they are NOT saying and while I might have missed it, I see zero mention which version of the 18-55 lense is being thrown in, I suspect it is the non-WR version as there must be a large back stock of those old lenses and this is a way to get rid of them by using them to seduce a purchase of a K7.

Also, if they are including a retail box version of the non-WR 18-55 then that tells me we have a large-ish price drop due soon for the K7. Around $50 down to $839-$859. I am still sticking to the idea it will be about $799 by early to mid-May. I suspect that will be the bottom until a new body is release then it will take a big drop to clear inventory until the actual release of the next "improved" body then the K7 will level out and be D/C'd about 4-months later. It's that cookie-cutter CEO/MBA mindset of the 18-month product cycle and damn the alienated buyers and kill the firmware support. It's not just HoyaTax but all electronic hardware makes, save a handful.