Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #226
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Just a reminder: If you buy an "official" K-7 (not gray market), and call/send email to Pentax requesting extended warranty, Pentax will send you free of charge an extended warranty card, worth 2 additional years of warranty for a total of 3 years. The extended warranty also includes one free CLA by Pentax during the warranty period.

03-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #227

Beach Camera has the K-7 18-55mm kit for $1001.00 shipped on their Ebay store. Bing CB is currently 8% making the total $920.92.
03-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #228
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
Just a reminder: If you buy an "official" K-7 (not gray market), and call/send email to Pentax requesting extended warranty, Pentax will send you free of charge an extended warranty card, worth 2 additional years of warranty for a total of 3 years. The extended warranty also includes one free CLA by Pentax during the warranty period.
Any more details about that? What's the best email address to use?
03-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #229
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aerodynamics Quote
nice deal if ya live outside CA...but down where Beach Camera is located the sales tax is almost 10%, so for us in CA folks are better off on Amazon. I have bought a few things from Beach before and received great service but never buy more expensive items since it's a net looser for me.

03-16-2010, 11:49 PM   #230
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aerodave Quote
Any more details about that? What's the best email address to use?
This is my email message sent to pentaxinfo@pentax.com:

-------------------------------
Hello,

I just bought a K-7 camera with kit lens. Please send me the information as how to get Pentax 2-yr extended warranty (for the total of 3 years).

Attached is a copy of the invoice for the purchase.

Thanks and regards,
-------------------------------

I attached a scanned copy of the invoice in pdf format.

The extended warranty card showed up in about a week.
03-17-2010, 04:27 AM   #231

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
nice deal if ya live outside CA...but down where Beach Camera is located the sales tax is almost 10%, so for us in CA folks are better off on Amazon. I have bought a few things from Beach before and received great service but never buy more expensive items since it's a net looser for me.
Their Ebay listing states the following:

"Seller charges sales tax for items shipped to: NJ (7.000%). Tax applies to subtotal + S&H for these states only"

Their official website states the same under the Help page.
03-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #232
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cheapest in Australia is $1340 with 18-55wr from Digital camera warehouse.

03-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #233
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aerodynamics Quote
Their Ebay listing states the following:

"Seller charges sales tax for items shipped to: NJ (7.000%). Tax applies to subtotal + S&H for these states only"

Their official website states the same under the Help page.
Beach Camera and Buydig are NJ tax only. He may be thinking of Beach Audio, which is a different store altogether, and which charges CA tax.
03-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #234
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffrey r Quote
Beach Camera and Buydig are NJ tax only. He may be thinking of Beach Audio, which is a different store altogether, and which charges CA tax.
Oh, heck!! Who was I remembering? Crud!! hehehehe....anyway, THANKS for posting that. Still, I would have sworn they were in CA a couple years back but obviously I was thinking of another company, maybe it was just Newegg? I know it wasn't Ritz or even Samy's since I would never buy from either....weird but thanks a bunch for correcting my comment...appreciated!!
03-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #235

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
Has this been confirmed? Because the Extended Warranty terms on the Pentax site read in part:
"The extended limited warranty is registered with PENTAX Imaging Company. It is not refundable or transferable and is only valid if received at the same time as the purchase of a new PENTAX Camera, which is covered by a PENTAX New Product One-Year Limited Warranty. This extended warranty applies only to the PENTAX Cameras distributed solely by the U.S. distributor, PENTAX Imaging Company, 600 12th Street, Suite 300, Golden, Colorado 80401 and purchased from a PENTAX authorized dealer."

I further understood that the Pentax Extended Warranty needs to be on the same sales receipt as the K-7 camera itself. Maybe I'm wrong. Pretty shady then that Beach Camera sells the free Pentax Extended Warranty for $40 extra.

The free Pentax Extended Warranty is why I went with Abe's of Maine for $998.95 less $10 promo code less 4% BCB = $949 with free ground shipping.
03-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #236
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clones123 Quote
Has this been confirmed?
Yes. See my post about 5 posts above this one.

It's also confirmed by other K-7 owners.

QuoteOriginally posted by Clones123 Quote
Pretty shady then that Beach Camera sells the free Pentax Extended Warranty for $40 extra.
Adorama does the same thing (lower price though). About the Pentax Extended Warranty, they don't do anything that you can't.
03-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #237
Forum Member

Anyone have any idea if Pentax offers an extended warranty in Canada? Or just the default 2-year Canadian warranty?
03-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #238
Veteran Member

Original Poster
SOldBear:

I will add some dated experience using the address you posted to obtain the warranty. When I bought my K20D I found where you had posted the addy and used it. I never received any warranty or even the courtesy of a canned reply. Followed your description to the "T" including the same attachments and such....nothing even found me.

before time ran out I hunted on Amazon and found Willoughby's still had some on blow out of just $3 so I grabbed one and used it before time ran out on the deal...but I waited almost 2-weeks for Pentx to do anything and...*poof*....nothing. So if someone does try the same method, I recommend calling if you don't hear anything within 5-business days.
03-23-2010, 09:48 PM   #239

New Category for Price Tracking

The kind folks at Pentax forums set up a new category for tracking the price if Pentax gear. I set up a thread for the K7 (new/body only). Please add to this thread if you find a better price than Beach Camera with Bing Cash Back!
03-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #240

QuoteOriginally posted by harmonica2 Quote
The kind folks at Pentax forums set up a new category for tracking the price if Pentax gear. I set up a thread for the K7 (new/body only). Please add to this thread if you find a better price than Beach Camera with Bing Cash Back!
For whatever reason, I don't have permission to post in that thread...

However, J&R is selling the K-7 w/ 18-55mm lens for $899 shipped. After cashback, this comes out to $854. This is probably the best price I've ever seen for the kit.