Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #1

K7 Price in the UK

Hi guys and girls,

Completley new to all this, only ever had a compact, but being a bit of a gadget freak, I naturally wanted an SLR! After much derliberation I decided to settle on the K7 and I know its a hugh jump from a compact to the K7, but hey got a bonus from work so thought i'd treat myself!! Look if you cant treat yourself what can you do I ask!!!

So I started looking for one last weekend on the internet, so why is that in the UK we are completley riped off! Why is everyone selling at the RRP? Do Pentax UK tell people what price to sell at, cause I thought that was illegal!!

Anyway I carry on looking and low and behold I come across a bargain! Yes I said bargain! I found a K7 with 18-55mm & 50-200mm WR Lenses for only £1175! Yes i said £1175! Everywhere else is about £1300 so naturally I was dubious, I was thinking for it to be that cheap it must of been from Hong Kong or somewhere over there. So time to do some digging I thought, so I went to this new Pentax Legends website, which is Pentax Legends - Over 50 Years Of SLR Photography and found out that this company is a Pentax Pro Centre!!!

So I called them and they said they had them in stock and said they were at that price! So on Wednesday I reluctantley gave them my credit card details and waited with anticipation. How happy was I when Mr Parcel Force knocked on my door on Thursday with a parcel for me.

So ripped it open and guess what, exactley what they told me, a brand spanking new K7 twin lens kit.

Why cant all companies be like this in the UK sell what they want for what they want!!!

If you wanna have alook follow this link:Binoculars UK Ltd. Pentax K-7

Morrall of the story is shope around there are some bargains out there!!!

07-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #2

Probably th best price around, and still a rip-off compared to US pricing...
It's funny how the body only and single lens kit are actually more expensive than the two lens kit!

I don't think there is price fixing going on - the K7 is a brand new camera, you are among the first to get your hands on it. Dealers are not going to start lowering prices from the RRP just yet.

I'm sure you will enjoy the K7 as your first dSLR - I have the old versions of both the kit lenses, and they are very capable bits of glass, definitely more than enough to get you taking some great pictures. If you've never handled an SLR before, there is a lot to learn, and countless resources online to help you along. Don't be afraid to use the camera in manual mode - ultimately it will be more rewarding.
07-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PolishMike Quote
Probably th best price around, and still a rip-off compared to US pricing...
I haven't found any place in the states selling Pentax K-7 Digital SLR Camera with Pentax 18-55mm & 50-200mm WR Lenses for less than $1,700 which is what this UK site is offering.
07-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmm I might have to take them up on that as even SRS at at £1179 just for the body!

07-18-2009, 01:02 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by alman Quote
I haven't found any place in the states selling Pentax K-7 Digital SLR Camera with Pentax 18-55mm & 50-200mm WR Lenses for less than $1,700 which is what this UK site is offering.
Really? To be honest I simply haven't checked the kit prices because I have no interest in the WR kit lenses. I suppose I was underestimating the US cost of these lenses. Mea culpa. Now if only I was a newcomer to dSLRs like the OP I could get a decent deal.
07-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

the "Pentax Legends" link is a good one, but I have never heard of "Binoculars UK" , but that's not surprising as I usually look for camera or lens suppliers.

I've used Celtic Vision ( on the list ) with excellent results, and prices, though.
07-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Prices are high in the UK it seems, so 1,175 Sterling for body and both WR lenses is a great buy.
Odd that the body alone is going for 1,199, though.