Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Is that a target on the front?

You cruel man. I'm calling PETA!

btw, you have a good recipe for dolphin burgers?
no --- but i have one for mountain oysters LOL

kman

07-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Ohh....I love the last word. I believe it is "zymurgy."

Who did I quote in that post where I "came after" you?

I'll give you a hint - not you.

And you were the first one to start swinging ("you must work for Pentax"). So lighten up, Francis.

K7 is a great camera that will no doubt have some minor teething pains. Just like EVERY other dSLR on the market (eg the 5Dmk2 and the "black dots" issue).
I think you'll find it's Zyrian. If, however, you want to use it in Scrabble, then it doesn't count - being a proper nown and all.

On a serious note, I think Pentax must have used substandard quality prefamulated amulite on the sensor. Thus causing the panametric fan to send spurious signals to the retro encabulator.

I could be wrong though.
07-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #18

mmmm! Dolphin burgers.

Panko breaded, gently fried snow leopard cheeks are lovely too. I find the other cuts a bit too gamey.
07-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #19

Perhaps it was these quality issues that was refered to
D90 Sensor quality issues: Nikon D90 - D40 / D5000 Forum: Digital Photography Review

Anyhow, the Pentax response sounds very much like it was taken from the manual for D90. In there Nikon state (page 51):
"Note, however, that when used in live view mode for extended periods, the temperature of the camera's internal circuits may rise, resulting in image noise and unusual colors"

Best regards,
Haakan

07-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #20
Veteran Member

The OP noticed in post #8 that this forum discusses this issue in another thread.

From 10 alpha testers, the first noticed the issue after 3 weeks of extensive testing only. So, the issue may appear much bigger than it actually is.

I'll leave this thread alone now. The OP really shouldn't have opened just another thread for this topic.
07-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Lazaruscomeout Quote
I think you'll find it's Zyrian. If, however, you want to use it in Scrabble, then it doesn't count - being a proper nown and all.

On a serious note, I think Pentax must have used substandard quality prefamulated amulite on the sensor. Thus causing the panametric fan to send spurious signals to the retro encabulator.

I could be wrong though.
Hey there, you must have a copy of that funny Allen-Bradley Rockwell video too. I have watched it several times. I got it from one of our Electrical Supply vendors.
07-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #22
Veteran Member

See now since the D90 has a similar issue I won't dump to hard on pentax but they should have mentioned this and the sensor should not make the lines just taking regular photos with out lv.
07-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #23

It might by Zzyzx...that's the name of a road off the highway in the Mojave in California just south of Baker (first exit south on the I-15).

07-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by Jman02 Quote
Hey there, you must have a copy of that funny Allen-Bradley Rockwell video too. I have watched it several times. I got it from one of our Electrical Supply vendors.
Yeah! There are Chrysler (Turbo Encabulator) and Rockwell (Retro Encabulator) versions of the video.

Very funny stuff. Anyone who hasn't seen it should google retro encabulator and read the article in Wikipedia. There are links at the bottom of the page to the videos.

Gerry
07-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by Jester_rm Quote
It might by Zzyzx...that's the name of a road off the highway in the Mojave in California just south of Baker (first exit south on the I-15).
With all due respect, and in the spirit of fairness, I think the word should appear in at least one recognized dictionary.

Some claim:
zyzzyva (n) - any of various tropical American weevils, often destructive to plants

or

zyzzogeton (n) - a genus of South American Leaf Hoppers

I cannot find a reputable dictionary that lists either though.

Technically speaking, the last word in my dictionary is "people".

Zyrian - (n) the Finnic language spoken by the Komi people

Gerry
07-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #26
Veteran Member

truth be told, I believe the last word would be:

zzzzz

which is what you find in the dictionary when you look up "another thread on Canikon vs. Pentax"
07-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #27
Inactive Account

So lighten up, Francis.

bwahahahahahaaa........... great movie.
07-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ohh....I love the last word. I believe it is "zymurgy."

Who did I quote in that post where I "came after" you?

I'll give you a hint - not you.

And you were the first one to start swinging ("you must work for Pentax"). So lighten up, Francis.

K7 is a great camera that will no doubt have some minor teething pains. Just like EVERY other dSLR on the market (eg the 5Dmk2 and the "black dots" issue).
Is that a target on the front?

You cruel man. I'm calling PETA!

btw, you have a good recipe for dolphin burgers?

I could be wrong though.
mmmm! Dolphin burgers.

Panko breaded, gently fried snow leopard cheeks are lovely too. I find the other cuts a bit too gamey.
gawds you are truly twisted!!! I Love it....my fav Halloween costume in my kolage years was dressed as a baby harp(o?) seal hunter...got more phone numbers that night that ever before in history...just proves the babes dig the forbidden meat, even the veggies!

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
The OP noticed in post #8 that this forum discusses this issue in another thread.

From 10 alpha testers, the first noticed the issue after 3 weeks of extensive testing only. So, the issue may appear much bigger than it actually is.

I'll leave this thread alone now. The OP really shouldn't have opened just another thread for this topic.
As always the voice of reason...thanks for that, even being new here I appreciate it greatly.

Just a comment in that whenever a device has heat related issues my bottom-part twitches. So, I 'sense' waiting will now do double duty, save money and provide time to address the issue.