Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #1

K20D Error - Images cannot be stored

I have a problem when using the "Hi" continuous drive shooting mode with the K20D.

If I take approximately 10 continuous photos on this mode sometimes the camera will say "Images cannot be stored" after waiting through 30 seconds of processing time. Basically, I end up losing all images that were just taken or the image in review mode is represented by a question mark.

I am using a Kingston SDHC Class 6, 8gb card. I am unsure if the memory card is the problem because both my kingston cards are giving me the same problem.

Is their a firmware upgrade that is fairly recent? I just bought the camera last month.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike

07-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I had the same problem a couple of years back. It seemed that the camera was generating the images too fast for the card to record before the camera refreshed to a shoot-ready state. It turned out my SD cards were cheap Chinese fakes and didn't have the write-capacity. I got them off an eBay store. They politely refunded my money in exchange for me not taking the issue further!
07-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting problem. I too would think of the memory card first before faulting the camera.
Try it with a reliable card like a SanDisk Extreme III and I'd say this problem would disappear. I've certainly never experienced this problem with any of my cams.
07-20-2009, 05:12 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Try it with a reliable card like a SanDisk Extreme III.
Very good card when genuine. But beware: My fake cards were masquerading as SanDisk.

07-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #5
mkz

Original Poster
Thanks a lot guys, I'll be buying SanDisk Extreme III from amazon from now on.....Thanks!
07-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

mkz I had this same problem with my K20D. I had the camera nearly 10 months when the problem started happening. I was also using Kingston Class 6 8GB cards. I bought some new ones with the same problem resulting.

As the warranty was coming to an end I sent it back to Pentax describing the problem. They changed out the circuit boards. Total turn around was less than two weeks. The camera has not had the same problem since using the same Kingston cards.