Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
The only 4gb ultra II SD that Sandisk makes is an HC. Also the card should read SanDisk in the red at the bottom. I think it is a fake.

05-08-2007, 02:18 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Wish I knew - see the picture - looks like some kind of fake SanDisk brand. Got it on eBay from ABQ liquidators, a US company on eBay... I must be shooting myself in the foot with these cheap imitation purchases. It's just not working out...

Think I'll be going genuine from now on - burnt too many times...
Definitely a fake card. Look on the left side in the notch where the locking button is suppose to be. It is missing. These cheap e bay cards have causing trouble for many people. You are best to stick with a name brand. Try Newegg.com. Big selection, good prices and a reputable company with good customer service (I'm not affiliated, just a happy customer).

The non SDHC 4gig cards have also been known to be unreliable in some devices. If you are going for a large capacity, make sure it is SDHC.

Hope this helps.
05-16-2007, 05:56 AM   #18
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
A healthy distrust

QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
Definitely a fake card. Look on the left side in the notch where the locking button is suppose to be. It is missing. These cheap e bay cards have causing trouble for many people. You are best to stick with a name brand. Try Newegg.com. Big selection, good prices and a reputable company with good customer service (I'm not affiliated, just a happy customer).

The non SDHC 4gig cards have also been known to be unreliable in some devices. If you are going for a large capacity, make sure it is SDHC.

Hope this helps.
It's due time a rookie learns his lesson about falling for the cheaper alternative. I've asked for a refund for the overpriced piece of plastic and am sticking to well-trusted name brands.

I've had a Toshiba card since buying my K100D and its performed perfectly, albeit a little slow. Anyone found Class 6 cards any faster than Class 4s on the K100D? Or is write speed determined by the camera (i.e. around 2MB/sec)?