Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2009, 04:33 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Finally received the YongNuo RF-602 wireless trigger!

In one word: fabulicious!

It allows autofocus: press the button slightly. A red LED will turn on and as soon as the camera is in focus, the red light turns green. Excellent if you don't hear the beep, or if you turned off the beep if you don't want to scare animals.

And as Russell-Evans mentioned, it also allows flash synch (even multiple flash synch).
It costed me something like 43$ with free shipping. I bought this on *bay from a seller called youngnuohk or hong kong (or something like that). The shipping was a bit long (2 weeks) but I guess this is normal for items coming from there (shipped to Europe, not Italy).

This remote is way better than an IR remote! (yes, a little more expensive but worth the price)

If someone wants more practical details on this, don't hesitate.

09-04-2009, 04:43 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
The K-7 has a Custom function which allows the remote to function like a cable release lock in bulb mode - click once to open the shutter, click once to close the shutter.
I really like this feature.
Wow. That's pretty cool. Thanks
09-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by ezechiel Quote
Finally received the YongNuo RF-602 wireless trigger!
A red LED will turn on and as soon as the camera is in focus, the red light turns green. Excellent if you don't hear the beep, or if you turned off the beep if you don't want to scare animals.
Oh, wow, didn't know they did that - that is excellent!

I have some of those on order from dealextreme.com - only $30 from there. I have yet to see a bad review of these triggers - all the strobist folk are gushing about their >150m range, high sync speeds and lack of misfires. Can't wait to get them - my Nikonian housemate and I are getting into flash photography - we now have 4 flashes between us. Now we are gathering up some triggers, stands and umbrellas for controlled light fun!

I can think of many cool uses for these long range triggers as shutter remotes - creative self-portraits, light-painting, stop-motion...
09-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #19

Well, I didn't test the max distance yet, but it goes straight trough walls. It was an outer wall of 20cm and a double glassed (sorry for the english) window next to it. Distance between me and receiver: about 3 meters. And I was wrong about the price. I paid it 37 dollar, shipping costs included.

Now I just have to get a tripod and some sormy weathers Also nice for macro. Then I will finally be able to use it!

Did you buy a set with multiple receivers?