Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2007, 06:23 PM   #1

Could the card make my K100D nuts??

I have no clue what could possibly be wrong. Started about a week ago and this is the third time it has happened. All the sudden I lose control of my camera. Any button I push on the back of the cam including the thumb pad wheel sets off this rapid series of shutter click noises. One right after the other. Very fast. I no longer have control of the shutter and it's not actually taking photos. The camera was purchased new at the end of last October, and fortunately locally.

The work around I've found is to format the card inside the camera. Then it lives again. I generally use a card reader to pull the shots off. The *only* reason I got this far is because my drag-around camera is a Panasonic FZ10. All the sudden it started throwing me shots that looked like the end of a roll of film. Top half correct, bottom half some weird color like pink, or blue or green. Panasonic folks suggested the corrupt file thing. Have a problem with that cam and now the Panasonic!??? I'm beside myself.

Thoughts brilliant or otherwise??

05-07-2007, 07:50 PM   #2
CDP
Forum Member

If you haven't upgrade to the most recent firmware (1.02) that might be a place to start. I understand that the original 1.0 firmware had problems with some of the memory cards.

Here's the link to the firmware page:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/customer_care/show_firmware?firmId=7717476