Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Spend $200 on a new Pentax macro or wait?

I went to my local camera store today and they have a brand spankin new Pentax FA 100mm f3.5 Macro lens for sale for $199.99. I cannot seem to locate much info on this lens other than the 2 reviews on here. Do I go ahead and get it now or do I wait and get the one I really want which sells for $850 which I probably will never be able to justify to my wife to purchase it??? I dont know how many they have sitting on their shelves as it seems they havent been sold for a little while at least. I cannot find this same lens on ebay or amazon so I cannot even compare price.

07-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It's all up to you. If you think that the purchase is worth it and you think the price is right then why not.
If you can justify using the lens always or you would be happy having it, then by all means.
At times I splurge for myself just to get things like these out of my mind..'coz if you don't then you would be thinking of it always and wouldn't be able to move on.
What i do is have a list of things I like and want and go through that list one at a time till I cleared the whole list and happy with what I got.
It will all depend on you.
07-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ultimately, it always comes down to just one question: Is it the lens itself you want -- or what you can do with it as a close-up device?

H2
07-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This may interests you:
"Interestingly the lens did even catch the attention of Pentax where another variant was marketed as Pentax SMC FA 100mm f/3.5 macro for a little while."
Cosina AF 100mm f/3.5 macro (Pentax) - Lab Test Report/Review

The Cosina used to be sold about 120€ on ebay.