Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2009, 05:16 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peterm Quote
Ian, I seem to be getting very poor image quality from my K7 . I use PS7 but the images are not sharp. Can you please tell me what Jpeg settings you are using. I set mine on Bright and I would expect this to produce reasoanble JPEGs
Peter,

Complete default settings straight out of the box. Because I'm normally a RAW shooter, I'm not too familiar with JPEG settings

It's set to **** jpeg quality, 14m.

07-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Yeah a 10MB JPG file, that's nuts.
07-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I must say that so far, the out-of-camera high-ISO JPEGs look better than what I can get out of a DNG processed with UFRaw (& wavelet denoising). UFRaw does not officially support the K-7, however, so this may change in the future.

I'm a bit puzzled, because UFRaw's wavelet denoising was giving fantastic results on the K10D's raw files.

On the other hand, maybe the K-7 will make a born-again JPEG shooter out of me