Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2009, 06:52 AM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by trumpyman Quote
I think the photographer with the D90 did a poor job.Maybe he had a bad day.Im sure you can get alot better results with the d90 than what he has done.I went from the K20D to the D90,absolutely no regrets.Dont put equipment down cause the photographer stuffed up.
Ditto, and what do you need auto focus tracking for what is mostly a girl twirling around in your DoF?

07-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote

...great feathers, too!
Feathers? What feathers?

Steve
07-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Torphoto
Really nice images - and I do not agree that the other photographer did chose "better expressions". I think your set is better also from an artistic point of view.

Best regards,
Haakan
07-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
oh, what a way to resurrect great 'mammaries' of Xuxa waking up to watch Saturday AM TV for 'kids' in my college days....

07-26-2009, 11:21 PM   #20
Veteran Member

This is tantamount to sacrilege......

How could you ever dare imply that any Pentax camera is anywhere near as good as a Nikon D90
07-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
Both cameras were set on auto for these so it's what ever the camera chose, auto iso auto wb, auto exposure, afc ( except the last 2 afs ), so it was auto everything, the K7 was 400-800 iso some times 640 mostly f4 100-180 shutter, the 90d was all over the map up to 1600 iso and it did seem to want to use f2.8 al the time, both were using action exposure curves for the auto to.
The photographer switched to a 5d right after and he is probably one of the best sports photographers here, you could mark it down to unfamilairity with the cam and as you did see he did choose better expressions than me but the rest is in the prints, and this was all auto in cam jpg.
Ok, I understand what you are saying. But I think the whole thing is blown out of proportion. The WB is Flash presumably on both the P and the N if eveything is at default. if the K7 had the same exposure value as the Nikon then it would look around as warm. Clearly the WB is as such because the Pentax has exposed about a stop and a half lower than the Nikon and relied more on the flash output. The pentax sticks to F4 with the 50-135 because it is in MTF mode by default. it would be at 2.8 if the camera was set to speed mode. I personaly prefer the Nikon approach to the situation as the uxposure allowes for the picture to look like it has no flash at all, whilst with the Pentax, you can see that flash was used much easier by the more reflections from her thighs.
As others have pointed to me being rude with my wording about the expressions being better from the other guy, I do appologise. But keep in mind that all images are open to interpritation, and I do interprit them as I see them. I am not soft, I am hard and critical. I usually do not critisize composition and emotion as I am not there. But in this case I have seen and you have seen what you describe as one of the best sports photographers around does. Action photography is all about timing as you know. And I do discourage the just shoot and pray approach unless the action is really really fast. Humans are pedictable, and if you wait long enough and observe more then you get better at picking the moment to shoot. The face and smile. Its easy to see and react to a smile, a lifted brow, a laugh.
Just my thoughts.
As another poster said. I think that the other guys pictures capture the expression better. But If I'm thinking it, who else is thinking it, and can you see why I think it. If you can and disagree with my thoughts then go about your business as this is your way of shooting and you like it. If you see what I am referig to and think that I am correct then I am happy to help...... if at all helpful.
Anyway, thanks again for the images. sorry to offend and good luck in future.