Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2009, 04:37 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Big G Quote
Excellent examples of real world shots.

On the concert photos, clearly low light, how was the AF?
Thank you. I was surprised by the AF, it was locking without any hunting, pretty fast and precise. That's really good given the light conditions.

*scratches head* - I really, really don't understand why i've read a fair amount of negative comments about the K7's high ISO noise, these look absolutely excellent to me?
I can't really answer that question. One thing not to be forgotten, Silkypix applies by default a slight noise reduction filter, this does certainly help on the high iso shots.

07-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Great images. Suppose you know how to use your gear.
Congratulations and have a lot of fun with your k7
07-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Excellent examples of real world shots.

*scratches head* - I really, really don't understand why i've read a fair amount of negative comments about the K7's high ISO noise, these look absolutely excellent to me?
That is just the way it goes. Forums can put you off, with measurements and focus on things that in real life, many times are non-issues.
The K20 had great high Iso pictures, and the K7 seem to have the same, though not better.

When I was considering buying my K10, two years ago, I was concerned with all the gibberish that trolls entered forums with. I ended up, spending a lot of time, to read up on things, and found out that most were not relevant.
98 percent of all that are jabbed on about, are not a problem in real life. So as soon as the good photographers start showing their work from K7, people always in the end realize what great photographic tools the Pentax cams can be.
So no need to be overly worried. Nobody watches pictures in 100 %, that is reserved for pixel lovers. Printing real images is a different ball game.