Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2009, 11:36 AM   #31
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the review, Thomas.
Have you tested the extended dynamic range which now allows to adjust extension of DR in the highlights and shadows separately?

07-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Thomas I really appreciate your review. seems so objective an fair to me. And I think it was a good thing to compare it to the D3! Comparisons do not have to be always among exact equals, this comparison gives much more, imo!

Did you try it with cloves on, btw? I have been a bit concerned the small size...
Thank you Gawan.
Glad you liked it and found it fair and objective.

Only with my shooting gloves and that worked out without any issues.
I expect it to be a a little tiny body wise with large gloves or the 2-3 layers of gloves sometimes used during winter, but personally I can live with that trade off.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Thanks for the review, Thomas.
Have you tested the extended dynamic range which now allows to adjust extension of DR in the highlights and shadows separately?
Thanks for reading it Ole.
No I have not, what I wrote above relates to RAW processing.
07-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
by far this really is my favorite thread about the K7. Nothing beats real world field testing side by side with other brands/models. And nary a hint of measurbation...gotta love that for sure!

Heck, you even showed it can act as a flak-jacket in a pinch....now, how is it as a flotation device? It is seald after all?
07-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
by far this really is my favorite thread about the K7. Nothing beats real world field testing side by side with other brands/models. And nary a hint of measurbation...gotta love that for sure!

Heck, you even showed it can act as a flak-jacket in a pinch....now, how is it as a flotation device? It is seald after all?
thank you.
That is quite a compliment.

I am not sur how good a flotation device it is though, After having used it as shield, I decided I had tested the extreme end of things hard enough