Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2009, 05:23 AM   #151
Veteran Member

Original Poster
For garbage at 0x800000. I compared decrypted part to K10D unencrypted source, and they look like match. Address tables looks correct. But assembler code is not correct.
And I really need it as I lost trace for many functions already. Their caller functions must be inside this code :-)

Worse part is that we are dealing with FR assembler. In ARM it'll be TEN times faster, just because disassemblers are much better and I have expirience with ARM (and it is clearer to read). This is the reason why we need IDA 5.5 license as FR module is supplied in sources (read - garbage) and we need to improve it a bit.

08-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #152
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
As soon as you or somebody else figures out how to receive donations, I'll be glad to donate
Just buy Hiew license in this case!

P.S. Nasty humor again :-)
08-07-2009, 05:30 AM   #153
Veteran Member

Matlab is easier and faster for me, and i already have it instead of the two mentioned.
For C i have only DevCpp which does not have any GUI editor (well i use it for command line anyway).
It is better for images aswell, because you can directly work with arrays.
08-07-2009, 05:32 AM   #154
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tr13 Quote
Another possible testing thing:

Make SYSPARAM.TXT on root

Try FORCENR and DISABLENR commands. As I understand they are relaated to noise reduction.
right now, i can only be sure disable does not affect dark frame substraction (yeah, i know, wishfull thinking). i will try to find time this evening to do more through testing, to see what it does do (i never use nr, and always shoot raw, so i'm not able to tell at a glance if something changed)

edit: sorry, k20d, latest firmware (1.03 i think)

08-07-2009, 05:37 AM   #155
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You could try DISABLEBLC.
ALso try to write [DISABLEBLC] like im previous file.
08-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #156
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ytterbium Quote
Matlab is easier and faster for me, and i already have it instead of the two mentioned.
For C i have only DevCpp which does not have any GUI editor (well i use it for command line anyway).
It is better for images aswell, because you can directly work with arrays.
Matlab could be OK also. As all we need is parameters and addresses (if you manage to make BMP files, it'll be perfect).
And as far as I remember you could also work directly with arrays (as I understand you mean images). But may be you are right.
08-07-2009, 05:54 AM   #157
Veteran Member

With arrays i mean i dont have to write cycles to assign or process values, for example to extract every third byte from an array into new array i just write:
newRarray=oldRGBarray(1:3:end); (take every third element starting from first element until the end of array). Anyway i've just made a quick GUI but won't have time to write the code til the evening.

Another thing is that i might find such application usefull for other purpouses, like studies, or at least use it as a base for another application, wich could not be done in C.
08-07-2009, 06:08 AM   #158
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, thanks for efforts, ytterbium.

Looking at dumped files I have now:
Both files are different from their corresponding in original firmware parts.
CPU one is much more severe different, and DSP even have new parts of code till 0xFFFFF in dumped file.

So, I need more dumped files, especially for K20D and GX20, for research.

08-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #159
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
can't see any obvious change wehn trying disableblc and disablenr, with or without [ ], at this point. not even sure what to look for in the first case (what could it stand for?).

so, what i need to do: do some proper testing, hopefuly this evening, find a way to compare "before and after", both visually, and perhaps by comparing exifs (any other ideas?). go back in the thread and find that dump procedure, so i can provide one more k20d dump (or even two, as i have two of them).

will come back with info when done
08-07-2009, 06:35 AM   #160
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ytterbium Quote
I'd extend this to lawyers, economists, insurance companies, banks, greedy marketing and real estate business that focus only on bare money generation without any intent of creating new actual values, manufacturing quality products and having a more practical and humane goals.
+1!

QuoteOriginally posted by nanok Quote
can't see any obvious change wehn trying disableblc and disablenr, with or without [ ], at this point. not even sure what to look for in the first case (what could it stand for?).
Wild guess: DISABLEBLC = Black Level Correction?
This could relate to the masked pixels at the sensor whose values are probably used to "cool down" the image.

Last edited by Class A; 08-07-2009 at 08:03 PM.
08-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #161
Veteran Member

Original Poster
1) Enable debug mode
2) disablenr could affect only raw files noise reduction, see statistical analysis of noise reduction by K7 and K20d by guys at penta-club.ru. You had link somethere at this forum also.
As we have Matlab master here, he could try to compare raw files.
3) And yes, it is hard to spot.
4) It could just not work at all :-)

interesting that at beginning of CPU firmware part we could see "ЛажА" that in russian is similar to "Shit!" exclamation :-)

Last edited by tr13; 08-07-2009 at 07:11 AM.
08-07-2009, 07:20 AM   #162
Veteran Member

Lol Lazha This made my day.
It sounds even better and appropriate in Russian than the English approximation "sh*t". Like it has been written by someone who has a really long and a bad day, and was forced to write the firmware
08-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #163
Inactive Account

This thing really made my day...
One of the biggest headaches I have is the AF and how Pentax slacks calibrating the bodies...

Do you see any functions that could possibly manually set the AF correction levels by more than +-10?
I guess this will have to be matched with lense IDs though, maybe as a parameter or something...

I will send you my exports today. One K10 and one K20

good work m8
08-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #164
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dimkasta Quote
Do you see any functions that could possibly manually set the AF correction levels by more than +-10?
I guess this will have to be matched with lense IDs though, maybe as a parameter or something...

I will send you my exports today. One K10 and one K20

good work m8
Such big corrections are always due some misalignment.

I provided commands to store and load lens eeprom, but I they work on K-7 and K-m.

I think I could have solution to your problem, but it is quite risky thing:

1) Use [EEPROM_STORE] command in MODSET.xxx, save this file. Store it as a treasure :-)
2) Make known adjustment to your lens AF, use same command again. Repeat it few times.
3) Analize this file, It must be text file with hex values.
4) Search for values changing accordingly to your manu selection (they could be proportional or different start value).
5) Change this values to that you want, and use [EEPROM_LOAD] next time.

Do not attempt to do it for fun and without knowing that you are doing, as you could damage some settings. Always use backup file to restore all back, in case of problems.

--

It is easy to check if SYSPARAM.TXT works - use DISABLE_LV_POWEROFF .
As I understand this removes LV time limit.
08-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #165
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You could try this commands in script interpreter:

SWS SWR PRV AFSTART GREEN FLPOP DOOR CARDDET SR RAW MENU ERASE
INFO X -U -D -R -L -? 4WR 4WL 4WD 4WU 4WOK DISP XVAVSET AEL FUNC AEMD
AC:ON AC:OFF

I don't believe that it'll work, but it might :-)
For example 4WR is right button from 4 buttons around OK.