Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2010, 05:34 AM   #391
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
Next firmware should open up this feature. Trailing curtain or rear curtain sync is available with newer FA lenses, but not with manual lenses. The speed should be the only parameter needed for this feature, at least any speed slower than flash sync speed (ie 1/180). Hotshoe sync should be able to sync. then I can use a radio trigger. Hope this feature will be next in your list.
if you want this now, try this
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/do-yourself/73144-how-make-non-lens-work-like-lens.html

both trailing curtain and wireless sync work on my k20d with a lenses. if you use radio triggers, you don't need wireless control anyway.

i am also eager to see what can be done, and have my own list of "priorities", but i understand this guy is, unfortunately, pretty much alone at it, and has a day job to take care of in the meantime too. i'd say be patient and help when you can. although my desired "features" are much more modest (disable dark frame substraction, stuff like that), i'm not holding my breath; hoping, but not setting any timeline.

i'd give tr13 a beer right now for his initiative and giving us some hope, not to mention the work already done, and hope he can take this further. cheers!

04-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #392
Inactive Account

a question to tr13:

is the projekt "pentax hack" died, or can we hope, that in the future is a script,
like CHDK, for Pentax Cams are available?

regard
04-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #393
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by northernstar Quote
a question to tr13:

is the projekt "pentax hack" died, or can we hope, that in the future is a script,
like CHDK, for Pentax Cams are available?

regard
Given that there hasn't been any progress on pentax-hack.info for seven months, other than posts completely unrelated to Pentax (mostly Panasonic, and one Samsung post), I think it's safe to say the project is dead in the water.
04-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #394
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
my k10d firmware is 1.31 and i can't downgrade it to 1.10. Can you show me how to do, tr13?

04-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #395
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
given that there hasn't been any progress on pentax-hack.info for seven months, other than posts completely unrelated to pentax (mostly panasonic, and one samsung post), i think it's safe to say the project is dead in the water.

r-i-p PHDK

.....__| |__....
.....| phdk |....
.........| |........
.........| |........
.........| |........
05-01-2010, 06:32 AM   #396
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not entirely :-)
But now I am busy with over projects.
Given free time I 'll look at GX20/K20D manual lenses related things.
I do not plan to look at K-x or K7.
Camera business is very fast moving one.
And worst thing is that Pentax lost Samsung support, and hence sensors.
Kx can be Pyrrhic victory.
05-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #397
Inactive Account

i hope, thx.......

05-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #398
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tr13 Quote
And worst thing is that Pentax lost Samsung support, and hence sensors.
Kx can be Pyrrhic victory.
How do you know that Pentax and Samsung won't ever cooperate again?
Why do think that not using a Samsung sensor is a loss? So far, Sony sensors were always better, weren't they? Samsung still has problems with noise in the shadows. The K20D and K-7 lose ~1 stop of dynamics because of this, IIRC.
06-12-2010, 01:11 AM   #399

I try K-7 firmware on K-x, i changed headers in firmware, but camera say UPDATE FILE IS DAMAGE, and thats it
07-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #400
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I was hoping possibly to try debug mode to adjust focus on the K-7 past -10. I guess that isn't possible, since I find no info on hacks for the version 1.03 firmware. Just as well I suppose, since I don't want to void my warranty, but...

Has anyone used debug mode with the K-7?
07-13-2010, 12:50 AM - 2 Likes   #401

QuoteOriginally posted by pentup Quote
I was hoping possibly to try debug mode to adjust focus on the K-7 past -10. I guess that isn't possible, since I find no info on hacks for the version 1.03 firmware. Just as well I suppose, since I don't want to void my warranty, but...

Has anyone used debug mode with the K-7?
I accessed it on my K-7 v1.03. Just use the same instructions as before. The AF adjustment method is the same AFAIK.

Put this in the MODSET.474 to enable the AF adj. menu:
Code:
[DEBUG_MODE EN]
[SW_DEBUG_MENU EN]
Start up with the MODSET.474 file and the card door open; wait a few seconds then turn it off and close the card door. Then start it again and press the menu key.
The test mode menu is right after the wrench menu, but it's not visible until you hit it. Once there: Test Mode > AF Test > FocusCorr
I guess you'll have to dig through the thread for more FocusCorr info since I don't know anymore & lack a lens to really test this with ATM.
PS: While in debug mode you can still take pictures (to test the AF, whatever). But you might have to press the Info button to get to the Info screen since it gets replaced by a black 'DEBUG MODE' screen.

After you're done, replace the earlier text in MODSET.474 with the lines below and start the K-7 with the card door open. Wait, and then turn it off & close the door again.
Start up the K-7 again; it should operate normally. You can delete the modset file if you want to keep your sd card neater, but it's innocuous in its current state
Code:
[DEBUG_MODE DIS]
[SW_DEBUG_MENU DIS]
Unfortunately, Pentax-Hack appears now to be Panasonic-Hack :/

Last edited by Q Bahorel; 07-15-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: incorrect MODSET numbers, thanks for catching that pentup!
07-13-2010, 01:03 AM   #402
Veteran Member

Q Bahorel! Fantastic. -- Thanks for the detailed info!

Hell, I'm going to try it when I've read up some more. I've seen threads on dpreview.com also about this. And there are youtube videos that might help.
07-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #403
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Q Bahorel Quote

Put this in the MODSET.747 to enable the AF adj. menu:
Code:
[DEBUG_MODE EN]
[SW_DEBUG_MENU EN]

Actually, that should be MODSET.474

I have this in mine:

[DEBUG_MODE EN]
[SW_DEBUG_MENU]
[OPEN_DEBUG_MENU]

That works out well, no editing required after using.

Thanks again for your help -- I've finally got the focus behaving better with two lenses. It's a tedious process, but worth it.
07-15-2010, 04:20 AM   #404
Forum Member

I'm sure the option to disable DFS on the K-x/K7 has been brought up.. Any plans?
07-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #405
Veteran Member

There are realistically no plans, full stop. The Pentax hack project seems to have been abandoned, and the site's creator seems focused on hacking Panasonic firmware now, instead.