Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #166
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What does that do, give you infinite lives?

08-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #167
Veteran Member

Just a point of clarification. I had to post this at DPR since some did not understand that some of the MODSET commands are sticky.

Once debug is enabled it stays enabled until you disable it. It survives power cycles and does not need to be reloaded each time.

I just tested scripting and it works the same way, once enabled it works every time without re-enabling it. So all you need to do is load the MODSET file one time enabling scripting, then any card that has a AUTORUN.xxx file on it will run at start up without use of the MENU button. Try it yourself it does not appear to change any other functionality other than allowing a short BASIC script to run at camera boot.
08-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #168
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for clarification for ordinary users.
We also must expiriment with BASIC if we could make it background task (USING WAIT, INTERVAL, etc). Most probably it is not possible at this time.

I finished disassembling functions at second TBR (CPU Firmware).
We don't have any text at CPU part, so it is quite hard to understand functionality.
But we are now at exactly same state were last attempt by Rule 34 and other guys was abandoned. :-)
08-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #169

Rule 34...wut?

08-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #170
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PNTXFTW12 Quote
Rule 34...wut?
Just guy at DPReview who did some hacking efforts in 2007. Some others helped, but without any meaningful progress. I have his quotes and links at my site.
08-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #171
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tr13 Quote
Just buy Hiew license in this case!
P.S. Nasty humor again :-)
So, I now purchased the Hiew license!

@tr13, the license file is underway and I'll keep you informed by PM.

@everybody else, find another option to donate

Last edited by falconeye; 08-07-2009 at 05:42 PM.
08-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tr13 Quote
You could try DISABLEBLC.
ALso try to write [DISABLEBLC] like im previous file.
My guess why it didn't work:

The function isn't called NR within firmware at all. I guess, it is either "DFS" or "Bulb Dark", judging from strings found so far:

DFS Offset
[Bulb Dark Interval Time (ms)]
[Bulb Dark Last Time (ms)]
[Bulb Dark Time (ms)]

08-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #173

Dark Frame Substraction ?
08-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #174
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by darky_mtp Quote
Dark Frame Substraction ?
darky_mtp, welcome to the forum! Enjoy your time.

Yes, DFS is the standard abbr. for dark frame substraction. Why I wondered if the "long exposure NR" found in the Pentax menu may be called differently in the depths of the firmware, like in dfs or bulb dark.
08-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #175

COLOR 4; Use red for print command.
ALLCLR; Clear the screen. What about CLS ?
PAUSE; Wait a key.
I failed to use WHILE,IF.
08-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #176
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WheresWaldo Quote
I just tested scripting and it works the same way, once enabled it works every time without re-enabling it.
This means you could a different script at each for your SD cards that will make them identify them themselves once you start the camera. No need to check the card slot anymore in case you have some many as to get potentially confused which one you are using at the moment.

Perhaps the keyboard commands could be used to establish start up macros, e.g., for resetting the camera to some customs settings?
08-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #177
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
My guess why it didn't work:
What do you think about the possibility that DISABLEBLC could mean "disable black level correction/compensation" ?
08-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #178
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
So, I now purchased the Hiew license!

@tr13, the license file is underway and I'll keep you informed by PM.

@everybody else, find another option to donate
Thanks! As I use free hiew version at this time, just because it is best tool for a task. At least, I work with it, let me remember, like from 1989 :-)
08-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #179
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
This means you could a different script at each for your SD cards that will make them identify them themselves once you start the camera. No need to check the card slot anymore in case you have some many as to get potentially confused which one you are using at the moment.

Perhaps the keyboard commands could be used to establish start up macros, e.g., for resetting the camera to some customs settings?
Thanks for good idea. We must try previously provided extra commands.
May be WAIT 4WU will work? :-)
We also must check BASIC and other script languages documentation to provide users fully correct usage syntax.

We completely forget about Cam-Control_V2.dll so if anyone with x86 asm knowledge could help he could use free IDA version to look at functions of this DLL and their usage in service software we have.
As I understand tethering is possible on all cameras via "CamGetJPGMainMemArea", "CamGetRAWMemArea" and similar functions.

Last edited by tr13; 08-07-2009 at 08:57 PM.
08-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #180
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Some info about GX20 v1.01 and MODSET and AUTORUN functions.

MODSET works with turning on with open or closed (!) SD door (without any buttons).
You must not have AUTORUN.xx for MODSET to work :-)

All commands seems to work.

[VLENS_CTRL] displays VLENS CONTROL on screen and do not react to keys I tried. We must find key combination that toggles SDM On/off and PZ On/Off. As they are in the same assembler function :-)

[OPEN_DEBUG_MENU] Opens large debug menu on startup there you can make all functions. Like dumping your lens ROM. :-)
Especially interesting is AF PINT DISP as it displays some displacements.

----------------------------
AUTORUN works on every camera start, and in case of synax error it hangs sometimes :-)

Extra info, you could use FILEOUT "STRING" to write STRING to CHKDAT.xxx file. String will be appended to end of file.

WAIT without parameters causes syntax error.
With any parameter it wait indefinetely. Parameter may be TaskID.

You could also note that interpreter runs in his own thread, at least AF and metering works perfectly :-)

Last edited by tr13; 08-07-2009 at 11:34 PM.