Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #196
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tr13 Quote
Use empty formatted flash card, with only one file on it.
Leave one string only - like [OPEN_DEBUG_MENU].
Try turning on with Menu button pressed. Try open CF door.
Sorry, still doesn't work.

08-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Donations

3.1) If you want to help in little -
buy either Hex Editor Neo Ultimate Home license ($30) (we'll need it also)
Hiew - bought, thanks falconeye for $64 donation.
3.2) If you want to help big -
Hex-Rays IDA Pro Disassembler : Order Page
we need license for IDA Pro Standard
Hi, I just donated a Hiew license to tr13. I had a quick look at the software before making the donation. It is really basic. I guess, to make true progress, a better tool is required. Probably, tr13 really needs IDA Pro Standard Base NAMED License. In order for him to be able to purchase the license, he needs the cash (539 USD). We shouldn't buy him the license as it would be better if named for him.

I am looking for 10-20 donators wanting to share the cost
10 donators: 54 USD each (<-- we should really try this as there are only ~10 posters in this thread ...)
20 donators: 27 USD each

Please, send me PM if you would like to participate in a fund raising campaign. I will post total percentage of a IDA Pro Standard Base NAMED License, each time a new offer for donation arrives.

As soon as the required amount is complete, I will PM my Paypal details for collecting the money and transfer the money to tr13. Note that I will not use any money to fund any activity by tr13. I will use all money collected to make him a gift, i.e., an IDA Pro Standard Base NAMED License.

Participating persons can opt to remain anonymous even after collection is complete. Until then, the list of participating persons is kept private anyway.

If you don't like my proposal or propose another person to run the fund raising campaign then I would be glad to hear.

UPDATE:
tr13 has found a way to pimp the free version IDA 4.9 to be usable in this project. Also, I got zero feedback on the idea expressed above. Therefore, I suspend my call for donations now. In one sentence:

CAUTION: IDA fund raising campaign is on hold!

Last edited by falconeye; 08-11-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: IDA fund raising campaign is on hold!
08-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #198
Pentaxian

We need to understand how GOTO and GOSUB work, as they are necessary for complicated scripts.
Not sure why, at this stage. If the scripts cannot do anything useful (except print on the screen and dump files) why would they need subroutines and control structure?

QuoteOriginally posted by simico Quote
Have you seen how the K200D code has been determined?
Try putting several MODSET.XYZ files on your card with the content "[CPU_ROM_STORE]". It seems likely that X=4 for all DSLRs, i.e., you probably only need to try 400-499.
08-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #199
Inactive Account

I tried to determine the correct extension for the MODSET file on my K10D v1.30 using files from 400-500, but with no luck... Don't want to downgrade as I use wireless operation of my flash quite often.

Edit:
Tried with MODSET.1->MODSET.999 - still no luck

Last edited by freeload; 08-08-2009 at 03:44 PM.
08-09-2009, 12:26 AM   #200
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Not sure why, at this stage. If the scripts cannot do anything useful (except print on the screen and dump files) why would they need subroutines and control structure?
Yes, scripts cannot do anything useful at this point.
But this code can be extended by new commands we need, this is first point.
And second point is that it is easear to disassemble things that you know how they work.

Last edited by tr13; 08-09-2009 at 12:35 AM.
08-09-2009, 12:30 AM   #201
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by freeload Quote
I tried to determine the correct extension for the MODSET file on my K10D v1.30 using files from 400-500, but with no luck... Don't want to downgrade as I use wireless operation of my flash quite often.

Edit:
Tried with MODSET.1->MODSET.999 - still no luck
It won't work on this version of K10D firmware as developers crippled some things.
You could try to downgrade to v1.10, enable debug mode and go back to v1.30.
08-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #202
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by simico Quote
This really looks strange, as this part look the same and I am pretty sure about this numbers.
Try to upgrade to publically available v1.10 version. And check all file names, that they are in capital letters, for example.
As K20D v1.03 firmware had, in fact, different versions :-)

08-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #203
Veteran Member

Do you use extensions like modset.1 or modset.001?
It could make a difference.
Check all details, format card in camera, take some picture for camera to initalize its folder structure on flash etc.
08-10-2009, 12:43 AM   #204
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I now work on tools and approaches that allow more people to participate.
If you are C/C++ programmer contact me, please.

Last edited by tr13; 08-10-2009 at 03:26 AM.
08-10-2009, 01:24 AM   #205
Veteran Member

Does this mean we'll be able to play tetris on our Pentax cameras soon?
08-10-2009, 02:03 AM   #206
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Does this mean we'll be able to play tetris on our Pentax cameras soon?
May be.. Later.. :-)
08-10-2009, 02:40 AM   #207
Veteran Member

Can someone make this topic sticky, so it dosnt jump up and down, stays "actual" and someone accidentally dosnt start a new thread related to your site and pentax firmware, making it even more harder to keep track.
P.S. Sorry still havnt started writing code fror that BMP app.
08-10-2009, 04:21 AM   #208
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well, I'm actually a C/C++ programmer... (it seems I actually lied when saying I'd be useless here!)
08-10-2009, 05:24 AM   #209
Forum Member

Wow this is incredible progress since I last checked in. Sounds like a good bit of detective work on the ROM decryption, and now we have a scripting language.

I suspect the inclusion of a scripting engine would probably help with automated testing during development of the firmware. I wonder how we can get at system variables or call system routines... there must be at least some of that functionality available otherwise the scripting engine would be almost useless.

BTW, I'm also a (quite rusty) C programmer, but so short on time these days...
08-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #210
Veteran Member

I'm a C/C++ programmer and will be glad to help in one way or another. I could write small tools to help out. I probably don't have time to help dig through assembler code or whatever, but as long as given enough initial direction + input, I could crank out some code pretty well. Nothing too big because I have a job, wife, and master's thesis I should also be working on