Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Getting file numbers to match on cards?

Rolled the counter on the K20D. Now files say imgp101-***. Problem is it only does this on the card that was in camera at the time. If I put in other cards it goes back to imgp100. This really confuses my storage system.
Tried turning file memory off on these cards and formating them. Then put 101 card in took a shot. Replaced with 100 card. It just counts from 100. How do I get my other cards synced with these numbers?
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #20 WINNERS in compact camera forum. Enter #21. Any brand camera. Enter now!

07-27-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't quite get it. If the "remember file number" option is enabled, camera should continue counting images ergardles of a card. There is one exception thou. If there are images with higher file count, the camera will pick up that count.
Example: You're at imgp1002.pef and you insert an empty card. First image on that card wil be imgp1003.pef. If you insert a card that already contains imgp2221.pef, then the first new image will be imgp2222.pef