Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
Forum Member

How do you know that SR is working?

K-m and other models: If the settings do not prevent SR from working (e.g. when on self timer), and the SR 'hand' is displayed, how do you know that SR is working (that the sensor frame is moved when the shutter is released)?...Chris

07-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kitkat Quote
K-m and other models: If the settings do not prevent SR from working (e.g. when on self timer), and the SR 'hand' is displayed, how do you know that SR is working (that the sensor frame is moved when the shutter is released)?...Chris
the only way I know of for sure is to use live view. Then you can see it working.
07-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
jky
Inactive Account

I've read somewhere on the net that SR takes a split second to work after you depress the shutter button... although I haven't yet tested this.
07-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kitkat Quote
- When the green hand is displayed, it is always expected to work.
- If the shutter time is long enough, you'll hear a "buzz". The same buzz you hear when SR is active in live view.
- I think the info is in the exif too.
- Shoot at you with a long shutter time, without lens, with SR active (you'll have to tell it which lens you are using, cause it thinks you have a manual one mounted: insert any value). You'll see the sensor moving trying to keep a stable position while you move.

Did I answer your intended question?

Alessandro

07-27-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jky Quote
I've read somewhere on the net that SR takes a split second to work after you depress the shutter button... although I haven't yet tested this.
If you've half-pressed the shutter and waited for the "hand" icon to appear in the viewfinder, SR is on and works instantly upon pressing the shutter the rest of the way. If you don't half press and wait for the hand icon, you probably aren't getting SR.
07-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
while you may or may not notice the little hand, one sure fire way is to turn it off, and change no other settings, then just look at your images. chances are they were sharper before you turned it off
07-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Hit the digital preview on a longer exposure like .3" then take a real picture (after waiting for the hand)...then you can see the difference
07-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
If you've half-pressed the shutter and waited for the "hand" icon to appear in the viewfinder, SR is on and works instantly upon pressing the shutter the rest of the way. If you don't half press and wait for the hand icon, you probably aren't getting SR.
Good point, I never thought of that.

I don't know if EXIF info, could show if SR has been on

07-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #9
Pentaxian

It does. Not all EXIF-displaying programs know about those fields, since they are Pentax-specific, but I believe the Pentax browser software will tell you.
07-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #10

you realize its working when you can take pictures longer than 1/30 of a second and they are not blurry from camera shake.
07-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #11
Site Supporter

or do what janneman does. get on a riding mower and fire away