Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hee, well, it's a useful skill to be able to shift your attention from eye to eye, : helps stay aware of what's going on around you. (You'll often want to close the eye you're not using for the finder, anyway, for varying reasons, especially the further from 'life size' the finder image is, in my case when it's wicked bright out: it's just best if you aren't looking for your *shots* through the finder alone all the time, and remain a little aware of what's going on around you. )

Eye dominance and handedness are kind of interesting, and very similar, really, (though it's 'easier' to train across your eyes than to, say, learn to write left or right handed: it's more like learning the trick of looking at those holographic prints they used to sell in malls than, say, learning to write all over again. Or, kind of like the 'trick' of looking sideways without much turning one's head: you don't have to close one eye to do *that,* your attention just shifts. )

I was always fairly close to ambidextrous, and (Though writing with my left hand seems beyond me) so it didn't go too hard for me, though I had some time learning to do some things left-handed cause of some nagging injuries when I was young: being right-eye dominant came up when I was learning to shoot pistols lefty, the sights) and things like that. It's occasionally handy to be able to shoot cameras left-eyed, though, cause of eye strain that comes up a lot. ) Worth trying out, at least, I have a feeling Hambino might not find it too hard, at least.

04-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
right handed - left eyed 8-)
04-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Left eyed as well... have no problems even with a big nose lol

cheers
04-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #19

Photos: Albums
me too, plus i'm looking forward to the day when, after fruitless surgeries, i become a no-eye shooter; then i'll turn on the audible AF confirmation and usher in a whole new era of freedom from the tyranny of narrow minded compositional rules.

No wait, they already made a TV show with a blind photog ... never mind.

04-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #20
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am right-handed but left eye dominant, too. I just cock my head a little, and check the horizon through the viewfinder. I end up with lots of tilted shots.