Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
That's great news, Ray! It sounds like you had terrific support from both Pentax and Sigma. Good to know that they take customer service seriously nowadays.

09-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #32
Banned

Here is a video with SR on with 500mm F6.3 Rokinon set to 6ft close range. You could hear the SR getting a workout.
YouTube - First test of Pentax K-7 with 500mm F6.3 Rokinon mirror lens handheld at 6 ft close focus and SR on
10-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Hi, I'm unfortunaterly experiencing the same problem.

I thought SR was doing fine..... until I got my Sigma 24-70 DG EX HSM. From then, it seems that with SR on, I can't get a single sharp picture.

I tried to switch back to the 50-200 from the kit..... with the same problem.

In live view, it's just nonsense (lots of noise from the SR and as if I was jumping with the camera on the screen)

Now batteries went off...... I'm just hoping that this was the problem. I'll tell you when they are up again.

Just so I know, have you experienced the same problem with your new K7 Body or is this defenitely history ?

EDIT: My mistake, only the Sigma is having the problem. Other lenses are working fine (Tamron, Pentax FA and Pentax DA). I'm asking for a new Sigma lense. I'll tell the forum if it's ok with a new one.

Last edited by gDude; 10-12-2009 at 02:00 PM.
10-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by mcjm78 Quote

I still have my K20 and K10 with me. What I can say from experience is those cameras never made me doubt the SR effectiveness when i need it for super low light work.
I also never questioned the SR effectiveness with my K20 and K10. Always seemed to do about what i expected at any one time.

From pretty much day dot with the K7 i had strange sensation that i was often getting bluryer shots than i should even with shutter speed around 1/focal length.

Not until i seen this thread did it click that it might be SR upsetting things.

Have since tried turning the SR off after a failed shot and that definately helped with getting a crisper photo.

Bit of a let down, since its one of the reasons i bought into Pentax, but it doesnt happen every time. Need to check this more thoroughly.

12-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #35
kit

Wow,

This is great, I'm not going mad! I have a major problem with the SR on my K-7 after putting my Sigma 10-20 on it! It's gone back to SRS for a refund. Anyhow I have decided to move systems after a faulty K10 and two faulty K20s and a faulty 16-45 amongst others. I don't know why I let it go on this long.

Bye Pentax