Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #181
Veteran Member

Saying that you don't like someone is different than saying bad things about them. I could openly say that I don't like you right now and nobody would really think much of it.

He insulted the staff, so it makes it ok to go and insult him back?

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
He is not banned at the moment. He could respond anytime.

I believe there are actually very few who wouldn't enter a constructive dialogue with him, would he decide to come back (he left on his own before he was banned).

You make it look as if the problem lies with a less than friendly community but from my experience most people have treated him well and with respect. The problem really isn't that he has to "right" all the things said about him but that he has created a lot of propaganda that many felt they had to put right. True, some spoke their mind freely but you get that with any topic and RH's persistence to keep telling a community how bad their tools are even though very few cared for his news after a while, didn't really help to calm things down.

It seems you don't follow your own guidelines.

And, have you read how he insulted the staff? They had every right to ban him permanently and it speaks to their class that they didn't (which I support).

08-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #182
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
........ but I've been the person in his shoes many times before, and had threads started even on a website that I built that was taken from me by the co-admin that were entirely about me that I couldn't respond to.
Doesn't this tell you something? If you keep beating your head against the wall and your head keeps hurting, then stop beating it.
08-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #183
Veteran Member

Personal attacks against me are not needed. Thanks.
08-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #184
Damn Brit

The whole thing about him wasn't that he insulted the staff, it was that he refused to follow the rules of the forum that he (and everyone else) agreed to when he became a member. He took offense to that for whatever reason, vanity, immaturity, I don't know and don't care. That is when he started to throw insults around.
If people are posting insults on his blog, that's up to them as individuals, it has nothing to do with or is it sanctioned by Pentax Forums.

By posting in this thread yourself, you are both prolonging it and contradicting yourself.

There is no point in closing this thread over what has been posted so far because, IMO, someone would just start another one at some point.

Would you like us to ban threads about Rice High? I don't think people (including yourself) would be very happy about that. We wouldn't hear the last of it if we did something like that.

I personally think it's just best to let people have their say (within the rules of the forum) and eventually it will die a natural death.

08-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #185
Veteran Member

I guess it's just different when you haven't had tons of threads started about you that you can't (willingly or not) give your own side to because of being banned or just not wanting to be a member of the website anymore. I am one of those people, as many of you have probably figured out many times, and I just don't see why everyone thinks it's ok to talk about people like this. I don't see how any kind of thread like this that is encouraged by the staff is promoting the friendliest Pentax forum there is, it looks more like a clique of wolves attacking someone who is defenseless and can't fight back to me right now, and that definitely isn't something that I would ever promote on any forum I own.
08-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #186
Damn Brit

You have your opinion and so does everyone else, this thread proves that.

I reject your accusation that this thread is "encouraged by the staff" and I ask you to consider removing that. I refer back to my previous post and my question as to whether you think posts about RH should be banned.
In the meantime, I'm not seeing any Forum rules broken.
08-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #187
Veteran Member

There's a difference between rules and ethics and I just don't get why everyone isn't getting that.
08-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #188
Damn Brit

If you'd like to show me where the Forum Ethics are listed, I'll take a look at them.

08-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #189
Veteran Member

They shouldn't have to be, everyone should know them.
08-10-2009, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #190
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
They shouldn't have to be, everyone should know them.
good gawd...

DRAMA!!!

Will RH reappear? Will jct avenge his soiled name? Will Brit finally cut his hair? Will nostatic ever stop joking around (or referring to himself in the 3rd person)?

Last edited by nostatic; 08-10-2009 at 04:40 PM.
08-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #191
Veteran Member

Lol! That's hillarious.
08-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #192

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
good gawd...

DRAMA!!!

Will RH reappear? Will jct avenge his soiled name? Will Brit finally cut his hair? Will nostatic ever stop joking around (or referring to himself in the 3rd person)?

I guess it's time to fire up the popcorn and open a cold one

kman
08-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #193
Damn Brit

good gawd...

DRAMA!!!

I'm done, I'm going to watch Chico play the piano for some kids.
08-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #194
Pentaxian

Will nostatic ever stop joking around (or referring to himself in the 3rd person)?
Class A: Why don't you ask him?

Nostatic: Who?

Class A: I mean yourself.

Nostatic: Ah, him!
08-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #195
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Guys I think this has run it's course. We've beaten this horse and while everyone is smilling with nostatics excellent post, lets move on!
Closed Thread