Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
07-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
considering how much amazing photographs appear in our very own photo-section, you really start to wonder why RH does what he does?
I was going to ask that, How such hatred would surface like that, isn't that weird? My wild guess is there must be something financially troubled situation by Pentax.

If so his site sounds like it's a plain & planned revenge act.

07-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
I was going to ask that, How such hatred would surface like that, isn't that weird? My wild guess is there must be something financially troubled situation by Pentax.

If so his site sounds like it's a plain & planned revenge act.
thats the thing, you dont ask, you just walk right on by and do something else.
07-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #18

1. Rice High has almost no gear of his own

2. the majority of his information comes from either borrowed, rented, or show-cased equipment.

3. he is very good at scouraging the internet for 3rd hand experiences and photos, which he compiles on his site in the form of a blog (although as far as i know is he diligent at giving credits to such sources)

4. everyone worth mentioning that has come in contact with Rice High will probably ascertain that he is not that good of a photographer, with very rare instances of him showcasing his personal work

5. his "tests" are often mock deliberations at putting down pentax, most experienced people often see the technical mistakes made in a particular photo creation, most often under exposure or simply bad light.

6. RH exhibits an unnatural tenacity towards making Pentax look bad, when the truth of the matter is (and this is where i am actually against many RH haters) is that the camera often has little to do with the final 800X600 output, all else being equal.

7. you will notice that RH doesnt bash lenses, intresting, no?

so in conclusion, after many years of fighting he got the boot (or left?), because it was a standstill.

he kept churring out anti-pentax material, and everyone kept telling him that he was purpously picking out the bad examples made either on purpose, or in error (or both)

considering how much amazing photographs appear in our very own photo-section, you really start to wonder why RH does what he does?
you forgot the part about thinking that the universe was ricehigh-centric.

I have not been a member here for long but my short experience with him wasnt pleasant. it became clear very shortly that the only reason he was on this site was to promote his own site. at first i felt bad for him because everyone always pounced on him, but once you start to see his intentions/motives you realize why.

i specifically remember one post about a rumored k-7 feature that was only on the camera because he specifically had asked pentax to do it....

sorry i didnt want to turn this into an RH bashing thread
07-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #19
Forum Member

Who said that?
Exactly. I see some misunderstanding all over this thread, and excalating...
Please.
Jou just hit an irritating point here around, and the ignorance someone attributed to you meant only that, not an offense.
RH is an extremist himself, love and hate without anything in between. And he enjoys doing and publishing absolutely unuseful tests. No need to elaborate: just go, read his pages (and pages, and pages, and pages...) and judge by yourself.
As for the "rude" reactions, please, again. No need. RH is there, he enjoys his time that way, no need to jump on anyone pronouncing his name. He's not such important...
Did I say unuseful? Yes, that's what I think. But addictive if you go on reading, cause we apparently have a passion for bad or strong or bold or false or provocating behaviour and statements...
How can anyone get irritated reading he thinks the K-m is better than 5D, which is better than K-7... Don't you think it could be just funny?
Peace...

07-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Out of curiosity, just looking over that blog and what can I see... name calling, of course. The "hypocrites/cowards of those Pentax forums" didn't wanted to talk about his blog But... should we?
Uh, that and several useless pieces of... "tests". Btw, on the Imaging Resource comparometer I always choose the mannequin ("girl" in green) pictures. Pentax looks always great on those samples!
07-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thats the thing, you dont ask, you just walk right on by and do something else.

It is not, not for the cat kind.

BTW after following links I've just realized that RiceHigh was an exorcist case for the forum. I was so naive by just sliding rock dungeon door where he is chained and locked and saying. "Hey look, what I found here"..
07-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #22
Veteran Member

BTW after following links I've just realized that RiceHigh was an exorcist case for the forum. I was so naive by just sliding rock dungeon door where he is chained and locked and saying. "Hey look, what I found here"..
He's no exorcist. He's an attention whore and Canon fanboi who sadly masquerades as a Pentax "expert." He publishes drivel as "fact" and is the worst kind of troll. He constantly posted links to his blog here highlighting his "findings", effectively trying to drive traffic to his site and hence increase his google rankings providing an even bigger platform for his idiotic "tests." He never posted real photos.

Pentax clearly has issues, as does every brand. I have no problem with discussing them. I do have a problem when people try to pass themselves off as unbiased and performing "tests" when in fact they merely "analyze" what others post and have agendas.

07-29-2009, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd just like to chime in and thank Rice for his wonderful blog post a few minutes ago complaining about this very deletion.

That's what I get for being nice and not banning his IP, even after being asked by many to do so! I appreciate it, Rice!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'd just like to chime in and thank Rice for his wonderful blog post a few minutes ago complaining about this very deletion.
He's a peach!

07-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #25
Veteran Member

which one of you clowns told him to write about sex?

For the record i oppose this RH hating,

in a way his blog is good because it forces people to raise an eyebrow and investigate their purchases, even if its not 100% accurate.

but some of the hate from you guys is too much, dont be idiots.
07-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #26
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Well, we can't complain that all he does is post negative things about Pentax. After all, his blog only deals with "Summaries of Reported Issues and Potential Problems with Pentax DSLR Gear and System", as the title clearly suggests

He should, however, add "And complains about every other Pentax site on the net that banned me" to the title. And that's where the problem starts.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #27
Veteran Member

dont be idiots.
But it is so much FUN!!! And some of us are good at it.

I don't hate RH, but I do hate what he does. Sadly his blog is highly ranked in google searches for Pentax so people who are trying to do research will stumble on his site and think that he is honest. But he isn't. His "analysis" is based on other people's flawed work and exhibits extreme bias *if* you know his history and the products involved. He bases his "conclusions" on cherry-picked "data" and insufficient personal experience.

You clearly stated your objections. I don't hate the playa, but I hate his game. And anything that drives traffic to his blog makes me cranky.
07-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #28
Damn Brit

It's worth repeating here because I have seen that some people have the impression that RH was banned.
The truth of the matter is that he threw a hissy fit and left of his own accord because he was being asked to adhere to forum rules (which he agreed to when he joined the forum).
It's also worth noting that he was tolerated on this forum which is more than can be said of other forums.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 07-29-2009 at 01:25 PM.
07-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Added to Ignore List

Another OP added to my IgnoreList.
07-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #30
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I dispatched a PM to the OP filling him in on the situation. But to echo what Gary said, we were more than generous with Rice. His ban has in fact expired and he can freely access the site at the moment, although he doesn't deserve it.

Adam

Closed Thread