Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
08-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
would anyone find it amusing that i just got back from the local hardware store with a 2 foot long 2x4? it only cost me $0.58 with taxes....
Are you going to use it to get someone's attention?

08-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #152
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Now he has setup his personal blog so he can review the comments before anyone can see them. I posted a polite comment...but to the point...and guess what....it didn't get posted...
Of course. Only Pentax-bashing messages are admitted
08-03-2009, 05:52 AM   #153
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Where? What's the user name? I'd be interested to read the postings. I really like the K100D review by Imaging Resource, written by a photographer for photographers.
Sorry for confusion and thanks for helping me in finding the error.

It was Matt Grayson from ephotozine, not Imaging Resource!

I corrected my earlier post.
08-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote

I looked into renting some dates as well but that didn't go so well

I need to stay away from 42nd street...
I find it's much better to buy dates. I like the big brown wrinkled kind I find at Dean and DeLuca's. I understand they have a store in the Napa Valley.

NaCl(42nd dates are not very sweet...go to Dean and DeLuca's instead)H2O

08-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #155
Veteran Member

I don't like many things that Rice is doing.
But looking on my site statistics I can say you that he have many readers.
Quite many.
So, on Pentax place I'll better find a way to communicate with him.
Like present him full DA* lenses line with best K7 they could find :-)
And negative PR is not much worse then positive - some moderators have problems understanding this. :-)
08-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #156
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
Besides I did a search and I can't find any RxxxHxxx from the posts.
If you cannot figure out how to do a search, in your effort to find RH related material, then it is hardly worth spending the time discussing the matter with you.

In the beginning, I read some of his stuff, but he was simply wrong too many times. And the pseudo-science was not up to the level, of the sites I pay attention too.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Out of curiosity, just looking over that blog and what can I see... name calling, of course. The "hypocrites/cowards of those Pentax forums" didn't wanted to talk about his blog But... should we?
Uh, that and several useless pieces of... "tests". Btw, on the Imaging Resource comparometer I always choose the mannequin ("girl" in green) pictures. Pentax looks always great on those samples!
Good one. He actually had me fooled. I thought he had moved forward and let his angst and anger in the past, and was genuinely happy about the K7. Though others told me, how it was just the usual cycle. Ohh well, time proved them right I guess

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
Are you and I looking at the same images? How can you say the 50D looks better? Do you see those little "holes" in the fabric of the undershirt? Where are they in the D50 image? You chose these crops to show how the D50 can look better than the K-7? Thank you for posting images that clearly make my point. I couldn't have chosen a better example photo myself. And the fact that you posted these photos to argue against my post makes them all the sweeter. I hope you don't remove them.

Please don't lecture me on what "I should know." I know what I see, and what I see is that there is no justification for the K-7 noise hysteria.
Tagging

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
They are not equal. The K-7 shot has significantly more resolution. What you point out is just differences in sharpening in post processing.

A British Magazine came to the same conclusion:

K7 beats 50D....easily: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Thanks for the link
08-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote

Tagging

Tagging? I'm not sure what that means.

08-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #158
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
Tagging? I'm not sure what that means.
I guess it is just a leftover, from when I was using the DPr forum. Means I haven’t got much to add, but would like to save the comment, for a future reference, when I have more time to look into the matter.
(Haven’t yet looked at the "comparometer" and K-7 "New Indoor" ISO like 3200)

Regarding high-Iso and the K7, the user Dominique posted some great real life samples here :
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/67640-first-days-k7-images.html
08-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #159
Forum Member

and... Jesus rides by on a dinosaur.

[kurt]
08-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #160
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kmanlaker Quote
wow -- after reading his "letter" why on earth would he continue to purchase Pentax products ? -- I mean if he has had this much trouble with pentax, he needs to move on to something else and be done with it. kind of like myself with Sony stuff, it always breaks.

kman
That is the hole point. RH doesn't buy much Pentax gear. His digital body is several generations old. Many of his lenses have been grafted to other platforms. He makes comparisons based on holding a body and lens in a shop for 10 minutes or supposedly fiddles with a friends. Then he posts copious pages of data about it.

I've probably owned more Nikon and Canon gear than RH has Pentax gear. Perhaps I should start a blog site. (just kidding)

Edit: If he were doing that to Canon or Nikon, I'd wager they would park a lawyer on his door step.

Edit: Edit: Ned B. fed the guys ego a couple of months ago and he got incorrigible afterward.

This is all I'm going to say on this matter.
08-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #161
Veteran Member

Ricehigh is one of the few who:

Ricehigh is most likely one of the few who:

Owns a F* 300mm f4. FA* 24mm f2, FA* 85mm 1.4 , a green Km which you may want to correct me is listed as current and not "several generations old" dslr ???

Heres a post when he compared colors of Pentax Lens finishes to his ugly green and orange highlight plastic Km:

Green Plastic, White Plastic is just Pentax Marketing Silliness to me.

I've read pentax damaged one of his limited edition dslrs years ago and failed to make it right or even do a thing about it to rectify the damage.

One thing I'll agree with is why Ricehigh stays with pentax? I know why I do as I have an assortment of old K Mount glass that works rather nice with K20D and since I paid half off on it new it was worth a try before I cashed out of K Mount lenses. Turned out I liked K20D so I'll stay for now. Having a K20D doesn't make me want to buy any new lenses as I have far less faith in first generation SDM motors duribility and initial quality control: Example 16-50mm 2.8 SDM. Thesedays Pentax lenses I still consider are old KA and FA that are made in Japan optics. Most have lasted a decade or longer so I have much faith in the old and super well made with aperture ring at mount Pentax lenses. I tried 3 FA and KA and passed on them yesterday locally, instead buying another nice used nikon lens instead.

Another point, the "quality control" or lack of QC on K-7 means I'll never buy one, even at half of pentax typical inflated launch price in April 2010. So at the moment Pentax is a dead end system to me and my wife who I primarily buy gear for.

I still enjoy the Pentax gear I have but I am mindful of where the exits are.

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
That is the hole point. RH doesn't buy much Pentax gear. His digital body is several generations old. Many of his lenses have been grafted to other platforms. He makes comparisons based on holding a body and lens in a shop for 10 minutes or supposedly fiddles with a friends. Then he posts copious pages of data about it.

I've probably owned more Nikon and Canon gear than RH has Pentax gear. Perhaps I should start a blog site. (just kidding)

Edit: If he were doing that to Canon or Nikon, I'd wager they would park a lawyer on his door step.

Edit: Edit: Ned B. fed the guys ego a couple of months ago and he got incorrigible afterward.

This is all I'm going to say on this matter.

Last edited by Blue; 10-10-2012 at 07:36 PM.
08-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #162
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Ricehigh is most likely one of the few who:

Owns a F* 300mm f4. FA* 24mm f2, FA* 85mm 1.4 , a green Km which you may want to correct me is listed as current and not "several generations old" dslr ???

Heres a post when he compared colors of Pentax Lens finishes to his ugly green and orange highlight plastic Km:

Green Plastic, White Plastic is just Pentax Marketing Silliness to me.

I've read pentax damaged one of his limited edition dslrs years ago and failed to make it right or even do a thing about it to rectify the damage.

One thing I'll agree with is why Ricehigh stays with pentax? I know why I do as I have an assortment of old K Mount glass that works rather nice with K20D and since I paid half off on it new it was worth a try before I cashed out of K Mount lenses. Turned out I liked K20D so I'll stay for now. Having a K20D doesn't make me want to buy any new lenses as I have far less faith in first generation SDM motors duribility and initial quality control: Example 16-50mm 2.8 SDM. Thesedays Pentax lenses I still consider are old KA and FA that are made in Japan optics. Most have lasted a decade or longer so I have much faith in the old and super well made with aperture ring at mount Pentax lenses. I tried 3 FA and KA and passed on them yesterday locally, instead buying another nice used nikon lens instead.

Another point, the "quality control" or lack of QC on K-7 means I'll never buy one, even at half of pentax typical inflated launch price in April 2010. So at the moment Pentax is a dead end system to me and my wife who I primarily buy gear for.

I still enjoy the Pentax gear I have but I am mindful of where the exits are.

You obviously follow his blog 100x more closer than I do. However, assuming he actually owns the olive K-m, I fail to see how that retroactively makes him and expert on all the way back to his *ist and K100 or what ever the hell it was that he used. If you go back and look at my post, I didn't specify which glass he had or did not have. I said he cobbled it to other platforms and tested it.

I also fail to understand why the color of a K-m is going to effect its performance other than personal preference. However, I didn't realize the "olive" color would create such a performance enhancement as to allow the K-m compete with the K20d. Which gets me back to my original point, RH never had a K20d or K200d more than 10 minutes to evaluate yet his blog site has dozens of pages of poop.

Just because I don't agree with someones opinion on something doesn't give them the right to try to use a derogatory word like "FanBoy" to discredit them. That goes for you and RH.

Edit: And just so that you don't miss it, slipping in a K-m doesn't fill in for all of his lack of equipment evaluations between it and his earlier gen bodies.

Last edited by Blue; 10-10-2012 at 07:36 PM.
08-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #163
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
In the beginning, I read some of his stuff, but he was simply wrong too many times. And the pseudo-science was not up to the level, of the sites I pay attention too.

Good one. He actually had me fooled. I thought he had moved forward and let his angst and anger in the past, and was genuinely happy about the K7. Though others told me, how it was just the usual cycle. Ohh well, time proved them right I guess

I could tell he was full of it because he was using his inflated "hopes" for the K-7 to backhandedly bash Pentax via the then-currently-available models: for instance, claiming to have extensively used the K20d and lamenting the lack of various features anyone who scrolled through the menus once would see right in front of them.

Of course, then, to turn around claiming to have advance knowledge of the thing sucking before too many others have a chance to try, raise a stink, get ejected from here. Etc etc.

There's liking or disliking something, and then there's not knowing what you're talking about/actively deceiving people. Whatever he gains out of all this nonsense, it's not better photography.

(I suppose the notion of an insane personal grudge over a limited edition camera would explain all the trollishness, but saying-stuff-that's-not-true is saying-stuff-that's-not-true.)

DPreview's lost a lot of credibility with me just cause of things I've seen pointed out about brand bias: if there *were* something wrong somewhere, I wouldn't take their word for it, really.

RH is on a whole other level of lack of credibility. Nuff said, really.
08-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #164
Veteran Member

Fanboy is nowhere near as obnoxious as the comments Pentaxians leave on his blog

I'm all for loving the gear you own and use. Pointing out flaws in Pentax isn't usually met with an open mind.

I'm happy with my system, my Canon, my Nikon ,and my Pentax. Yet next thing I buy camera related won't be from the three.

Ricehigh is an interesting soul. He left this forum, then he got banned, then every week a so another wheres ricehigh, whats a ricehigh thread emerges.

I read some of his blog. He likely has better Pentax lenses than most people here & he bought them brand new. Yes, Better gear than me, well Pentax wise.

In Nikon forums I don't see sheer hatered of Canon

In Canon forums I don't see sheer hatered of Nikon

Its a fact Nikon and canon users go back and forth between brands and discus pros&cons. Thesedays some own both simultaneously. I do.

I started with Pentax Dslrs but read up on other brands while growing more frustrated with Pentax and the long drawn out Hoya take-over. After becoming more frustrated with Pentax (((K20D launch $1299))) I immediately Added Canon last year and then Nikon this year. Owning 3 brands works for me.

Pentax not owning up to the various quality control complaints posted on blogs concerning K-7 does not inspire my confidence to open my wallet. In the meantime K20D is great and better yet inthat I paid half off last year. I'm lucky I got a good sample. I feel its clearly superior to Canon and Nikon aps-c dslrs. However Nikon and Canon both offer a vast array of glass, and full frame so they get my money when I buy new lenses.

You should read some of the insane comments posted by Pentaxians at ricehigh blog the last few months. Heck maybe some are yours? RH only recently stopped letting people say whatever they wanted to say. Now messages need approval. I've only posted there once, in the prior to approval days.

I have zero regrets adding Canon and Nikon to my bag. I beat their price increases from both companies. Everything I bought is up in purchase price, some items are up $500 a piece. Those who waited to switch or waited add a second brand to their pentax bag will now pay a much higher outlay due to their brand loyality. At some point I'll streamline my system and Pentax will go Bye~Bye. Its no big deal. I own different brand cars, different brand tools, eat different brand foods. All dslr are disposable in my mind. The lenses are the long term investment. Maybe RH super nice glass collection keeps him in Pentax? Heck if I bought classic old Made in Japan Pentax Pro Spec lenses like RH did maybe I wouldn't have added Nikon and Canon to my Pentax Bag? I'll never know, as the days of Japan made Pentax glass have past. The insane quality control Pentax made famous over the decades is history now.

I'm still waiting for official acknowledgement of K-7 problems, 16-50 SDM problems. Unless I missed the posting I think Hoya's Pentax is simply ignoring their quality control problems and doing so inpsires no faith in me to buy any of their gear new in 2009.

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
You obviously follow his blog 100x more closer than I do. However, assuming he actually owns the olive K-m, I fail to see how that retroactively makes him and expert on all the way back to his *ist and K100 or what ever the hell it was that he used. If you go back and look at my post, I didn't specify which glass he had or did not have. I said he cobbled it to other platforms and tested it.

I also fail to understand why the color of a K-m is going to effect its performance other than personal preference. However, I didn't realize the "olive" color would create such a performance enhancement as to allow the K-m compete with the K20d. Which gets me back to my original point, RH never had a K20d or K200d more than 10 minutes to evaluate yet his blog site has dozens of pages of poop.

Just because I don't agree with someones opinion on something doesn't give them the right to try to use a derogatory word like "FanBoy" to discredit them. That goes for you and RH.

Edit: And just so that you don't miss it, slipping in a K-m doesn't fill in for all of his lack of equipment evaluations between it and his earlier gen bodies.
08-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #165
Site Supporter

You aren't seeing hatred of Nikon or Canon here. I had Canon and Nikon in my bag before the K200d and K20d. It isn't about pointing out the flaws. Its about page after page of K20d reviews, K200d reviews and then K-7 reviews as though he had spent hours on end reviewing those bodies. I don't really read any of the posts on his site by people. I did read his thread where he was calling us over here a bunch of hypocrites and cowards.

You don't need to find a canon or nikon site to find hatred of Pentax. Just go visit RH's blog. That's why I avoid his site like the plague.

Edit: Show my one thread where I have bashed another brand. You may find a joke in a rumor thread or something about the user.

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
I'm all for loving the gear you own and use. Pointing out flaws in Pentax isn't usually met with an open mind.

I'm happy with my system, my Canon, my Nikon ,and my Pentax. Yet next thing I buy camera related won't be from the three.

Ricehigh is an interesting soul. He left this forum, then he got banned, then every week a so another wheres ricehigh, whats a ricehigh thread emerges.

I read some of his blog. He likely has better Pentax lenses than most people here & he bought them brand new. Yes, Better gear than me, well Pentax wise.

In Nikon forums I don't see sheer hatered of Canon

In Canon forums I don't see sheer hatered of Nikon

Its a fact Nikon and canon users go back and forth between brands and discus pros&cons. Thesedays some own both simultaneously. I do.

I started with Pentax Dslrs but read up on other brands while growing more frustrated with Pentax and the long drawn out Hoya take-over. After becoming more frustrated with Pentax (((K20D launch $1299))) I immediately Added Canon last year and then Nikon this year. Owning 3 brands works for me.

Pentax not owning up to the various quality control complaints posted on blogs concerning K-7 does not inspire my confidence to open my wallet. In the meantime K20D is great and better yet inthat I paid half off last year. I'm lucky I got a good sample. I feel its clearly superior to Canon and Nikon aps-c dslrs. However Nikon and Canon both offer a vast array of glass, and full frame so they get my money when I buy new lenses.

You should read some of the insane comments posted by Pentaxians at ricehigh blog the last few months. Heck maybe some are yours? RH only recently stopped letting people say whatever they wanted to say. Now messages need approval. I've only posted there once, in the prior to approval days.

I have zero regrets adding Canon and Nikon to my bag. I beat their price increases from both companies. Everything I bought is up in purchase price, some items are up $500 a piece. Those who waited to switch or waited add a second brand to their pentax bag will now pay a much higher outlay due to their brand loyality. At some point I'll streamline my system and Pentax will go Bye~Bye. Its no big deal. I own different brand cars, different brand tools, eat different brand foods. All dslr are disposable in my mind. The lenses are the long term investment. Maybe RH super nice glass collection keeps him in Pentax? Heck if I bought classic old Made in Japan Pentax Pro Spec lenses like RH did maybe I wouldn't have added Nikon and Canon to my Pentax Bag? I'll never know, as the days of Japan made Pentax glass have past. The insane quality control Pentax made famous over the decades is history now.

I'm still waiting for official acknowledgement of K-7 problems, 16-50 SDM problems. Unless I missed the posting I think Hoya's Pentax is simply ignoring their quality control problems and doing so inpsires no faith in me to buy any of their gear new in 2009.
Closed Thread