Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #46
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
I wonder about that too. How on earth did your camera need 50+ washes? Are you an amateur colonoscopist or something?
Camera colonics...now there's a thought!

Steve

07-31-2009, 07:13 PM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
"looks like you blew a seal"

"no, I just had some ice cream"
Oh dear lol.
08-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
GOOD NEWS GUYS.
Apparently, my 50-135mm "came back" from the dead and now works just as good as new! I will service it right when my warranty ends incase mold or fungus grows but all the pics I took with it are nice and sharp.
08-09-2009, 02:18 AM   #49
Forum Member

about it not reading the lens data. What happens when it gets wet is that sometimes the contacts get a bit corroded. happened to me. just clean the contacts on the camera and lens, with DRY materials.

08-09-2009, 02:25 AM   #50
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
No need to shout, however please note.

most electronics components are designed to cope with unconrtolled shipping temperatures of at least 60C because otherwise nothing could be delivered to anyone in working order.

I am not talking about exposure to oven temperatures, but to allow the camera to warm up naturally with all covers open so that moisture can excape.
not to be an ass, but personal experience says you are wrong. couple of problems. stuff packaged away in boxes and boxes in a 140F car will change temperature slowly. there is a lot of insulation. A BLACK camera in direct sunlight will easily reach 140F very rapidly. = warp = break. This is true of most electronics. And haven't you ever had an LCD screen bust on you when you left a CD player or something in the car? i have twice now. Just like the one on the K20D by the shutter release.
09-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #51
Veteran Member

I hope this is a lesson to us all.

Just a quick comment. Fresh tea leaves are just as good a dessicant as rice. With the advantage that tea leaves can be dried out and re-activated in the oven when damp.
04-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Wow, I cant believe I never saw this thread before. I'm glad that your camera was able to recover from all this but I would never rinse my camera off in shower. Normally, when I get home I wipe the camera down with a damp cloth and that has always worked very well.