Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Help !!

Hi chaps and chapesses

I am in a bit of a panic. Took the camera (K10d) out last night and had major problems with the focus. Light was rather iffy so left it till this morning (bright sunlight).
Try as I will, the AF just continues to wander from extent to extent and won't settle on anything. Mf can be used, but no signal or beep.
Have checked all settings ( Auto,Sel,and centre with no success.) Tried Beep switched on and off. Af button on and off. Tried half press on release button. Tried AF button. Nothing changes.
Tried with 3 different lenses
Sigma 17-70
Pentax DA 50-200
Pentax FAJ 75-300
with no change to situation.
Battery fully charged.

Seems I have a major problem. But maybe I'm missing something. Any thoughts out there that may help?

Or do I continue to pack it up to send away for attention. At least it is stilll under warranty, which is one redeeming feature.

Thanks a lot for any thoughts.

Bruce from the Great Down Under.

(Without my camera I fear major withdrawal symptoms)

05-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Try resetting the camera; both "take-battery-out-wait-10" and menu reset varieties.

Have you tried just calling the service center to see what they say?

If you do have to box it up and send it in, I'm sure PentaxAnonymous...err... PentaxForums will lend you a shoulder to cry on.
05-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #3

This sounds like a problem I had with one of my K10D bodies (See my post on 4/22/07). I wound up sending it to Pentax about a week ago. I'll post a report when I get it back.

Richard
05-10-2007, 07:43 PM   #4
Inactive Account

One problem with computers (which any electronic camera is) is that there is a lot that can go wrong. I will support what Beth said, it may just be that it needs a full system reboot. It's amazing the difference that can make. If it doesn't work there is good news, as Richard said... there will be emotional support here at Pentax World Headquarters (we are the world headquarters, aren't we?). I also know from lots of experience (I used to be a Pentax merchant) that they have an excellent customer service department and good service turn around.

05-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Many thanks

Aprreciate your advice, all
Have tried all but there is definitely a problem Will be sending it off asap.
I will give an update for reference as soon as there is anything to report.

Thanks again.