Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2009, 02:37 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K7 problem with wired remote

I orginally posted this in the wrong forum, so I am reposting this here - sorry!

My K7 is functioning almost perfectly, excusing operator errors, that is!

I have notice a small issue when take shots with a homemade wired remote shutter release.... it works like it should, but once in a while, the camera seems to freeze after a shutter release, and the result never appears on the rear screen. It seems I have to take another remote shot, then all is fine. The camera does capture both photos...

My wired remote uses a 6-7 foot wire. The factory one is less than 2 feet long - but this seems more like a camera issue, since the photo is taken properly.

I contacted Pentax - their answer was "an incompatibilty" with my homemade remote...

Anyone else see this anomaly????

Update:
I had built a similar cable for my K10D, and it worked fine. This cable works fine, except for maybe 1 out of 10 exposures, then it will "hang", until I take the next photo.

Thanks

Al

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
cable, camera, dslr, issue, k7, photo, photography, shutter