Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My new K-200D doesn't beep!

I have activated the beep function in the menu and selected beep for all functions but my camera doesn't beep, I would like it to at least beep to confirm focus. anybody has an idea? Thanks for any info.
Mike.

07-31-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
Forum Member

So, you are getting the red dot to confirm focus, but no beep?

Never had a problem with mine in this regard. Maybe you could try reseting it to defaults.
08-01-2009, 02:37 AM   #3

The hearing ability decrease with age, especially for higher frequencies. Can you ask somebody else whether your camera beeps ? (it is quite common problem discussed in some older thread)
08-01-2009, 02:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I just got a K200D and (before disabling them) I noticed that the beeps are somewhat quieter than on my K100D.

08-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanp Quote
The hearing ability decrease with age, especially for higher frequencies. Can you ask somebody else whether your camera beeps ? (it is quite common problem discussed in some older thread)
I never knew my camera beeped until my granddaughter asked my why my camera beeps.
08-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Forum Member

Just be glad you don't hear it. I find it incredibly annoying when people's cameras beep, especially in quiet environments and the users (usually Nikon D40 owners) don't even realize that it can be disturbing for others and that they have to ability to disable it.

Sorry, I can't help any more than the above posters have already. If you can't figure things out, give Pentax a call and ask them if you should send it in.
08-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
Damn Brit

Are you sure the beep is enabled?

08-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think I'll forget about the beeping.

Thanks to all who responded. I think it's my fault because I am getting older and my ears are not what they were, especially at high frequencies. Anyway, who needs that beeping. Just to be sure that the camera does beep, I'll ask my son to check it out when he comes back from his vacation. Thanks again.
Mike.
08-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ballgofar Quote
Just be glad you don't hear it. I find it incredibly annoying when people's cameras beep, especially in quiet environments and the users (usually Nikon D40 owners) don't even realize that it can be disturbing for others and that they have to ability to disable it.

Sorry, I can't help any more than the above posters have already. If you can't figure things out, give Pentax a call and ask them if you should send it in.
Haha yeap, I turned off my beeping on my K-m/K2000 last week when I was aiming my camera at things randomly. It just kept on beeping everytime I move my camera to different places. He was like "What are you shooting?" It's funny because he is a noob with cameras and never owned or touched a DSLR ever. He thought the sound of the beep was my camera shooting something.
08-02-2009, 04:49 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Is there anyone who actually uses the sound confirmation? I think most people just disable it, but there must be someone who uses it. Otherwise the manufacturers wouldn't bother with it.

On a semirelated note, I remember a Casio compact that had the option of different sound effects for the focus lock confirmation and shutter. The effects included a lazer-like sound and a water bubbling effect.
08-02-2009, 05:10 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
EVERY shot I take with my K10D sounds like someone is slapping a tiny mirror against a plastic or metal frame. How do I turn this off?
08-02-2009, 07:12 AM   #12
Veteran Member

guys, the OP needs the beep. He may need it for various reasons.
I find the beep reassuring of the AF functionality.
08-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by octavmandru Quote
I find the beep reassuring of the AF functionality.
I also use the confirming beep for focus. I wear glasses, which places my eye further away from the viewfinder and blocks my view of the focus indicator. The beep helps greatly.
08-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use it on my K20d for focus: it's quiet enough, at least to my ears: it has to be dead quiet around me before it seems to carry more than a few inches. Maybe should ask someone younger if it's louder to them.