Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2009, 02:09 AM   #1
Forum Member

K10D intermittent green pictures and vertical color banding...whats up?

I've had my K10D for a little less than a year now with no problems but its been acting up increasingly lately.

First, a couple weeks ago I took a picture of a harbor and noticed a vertical blue band of color in the middle of the photo. It only happened that once so I considered it some sort of digital anomaly.

I used the camera off and on over the last two weeks with no problems.

Today, I took some pictures and over half turned out to be completely green.

In addition to the total neon green coloration some of them had a red, green or blue vertical band of color as well.

What could this be? A sensor problem or something more simple? I'll take it into service soon but I'm just curious if anyone else has encountered this problem.

08-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Have you tried a different SD card? Quite often these kind of problems are due to the card. Try formatting the card, this should be done regularly rather than just deleting the pictures.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
band, camera, color, dslr, k10d, photography, pictures, weeks